Fuel Price

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hard pressed motorists would pay far more attention to fuel prices if they realised how much they were paying per GALLON.

At the moment I am paying £1.38.9 per litre for diesel. That is £6.32 per GALLON.

If this group were to highlight this more forcibly perhaps we might see a bit more action.

I`m only getting 40 MPG :-(:sad:

It is the tax

there was someone the radio other day saying as train fares gone up so much motorists should pay more to go towards the railway:-)

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

It doesn't matter if it's tax or something else.My point is that the average motorist probably doesn't realise exactly how much he is paying for fuel.

£1.38 doesn't sound that much....£6.32 sounds a whole lot worse.

Just think, when petrol goes up by one pence per litre that's really nearly five pence per gallon. A few years ago that sort of rise would have had Sun readers choking on their breakfasts. Now we don't give it a second thought.

Hard pressed motorists would pay far more attention to fuel prices if they realised how much they were paying per GALLON.

At the moment I am paying £1.38.9 per litre for diesel. That is £6.32 per GALLON.

If this group were to highlight this more forcibly perhaps we might see a bit more action.

It's £1.30 round here. Where do you live??

No I paid £3.00 for a pint last night, that comes to near £15.00 per gallon. Thats a damn site more to get ****ed than it used to cost.

Deisel at £6.32 a gallon sounds cheap. pity you cant drink it.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

I drive a diesel Yaris, averaging 65mpg, very light right foot.

Ave price diesel 136.7p / litre ( asda )

Should move to Bolton

Asda Fuel price:

U/L Petrol 128.7p

Deisel 135.7p

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

How about price per barrel. quart, or firkin ...perhaps you need to move on from pre 1970. How many people under 40yrs old know what a gallon is equal to? A little unbalanced thought me thinks!

I think we do realize the cost of fuel when we do our weekly fill up. To work out it's going to cost us 2 to 3 pounds more is going to do little difference in our actions. At the moment the majority of us can still afford it and are generally not of the kind that would go out and protest about it.

When I bought my car 6 years ago it cost about £28 to fill. Now it's nearer £50. Shame my wages haven't gone up at the same rate!

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

When I bought my car 6 years ago it cost about £28 to fill. Now it's nearer £50. Shame my wages haven't gone up at the same rate!

I remember a brief glimmer of hope when I just started driving and found a station offering fuel at 83.9 PPL and was happy after it being over the £1.00 mark for some time... Then now, I'm paying £1.29ppl and it costs me a clear £80.00 or more to fill the car up to the brim again. It's absurd... When over £40 of my tank is tax, VAT and so on.