Citicard, PPI, Charges, Set off

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Happy New Year, hope everyone had a great time over Christmas.

I would like to seek advice please?

I was “given” a Citi Credit Card when I got a loan out with them sometime in 2007.

I had not signed any Credit Card Agreement for this.

I realised recently that there were PPI premiums on there.

Citi have agreed to refund all the premiums and give me interest although no period for the repayment has been stipulated on the offer letter. I have been reading through some of the forums and have sent a letter asking for a breakdown of how the offer has been calculated after reading some advice on here. Do I send a “SAR” letter with the £10 payment so that I know exactly what premiums were paid and what I should really be paid back. Citi obviously want to “set-off” against the outstanding balance that I still have on the card.

After having read some of the forums on here, I have gathered that without the agreement, the debt is unenforceable? Can someone please clarify what this means? Does it mean that I cannot be taken to court but I obviously still have to pay the money back?

I also believe that I had charges levied on the card due to missed payments. I believe these were those stipulated as being “reasonable”, like £12 charges. Does it apply even where there is no CCA for the card?

I apologise for the number of questions and some that have already been asked before by others but I would like to tailor my replies to them according to my situation.

I hope that I have posted this on the right forum - if not - I apologise.

Thank you for any responses or suggestions that you might make.