Wentworth Finance - Get your money back !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have been suckered into paying an 'in advance' admin fee by Wentworth (or any loan shark company) you can get your money back.

I had problems with them, and scoured the net - turns out, they've ripped lots of people off !

In short, I applied for a consolidation loan, received a text and letter to say my £10k loan had been approved and the lender would be in touch shortly - based on this info I paid an admin fee (lets be clear, before I just willy nilly handed over the money - they confirmed to me the lenders name, total amount repayable, loan payments, time, penalty fees etc) I was happy with this, so pauid the £65 ish pounds ... the money never appears. Instead I got bombarded by junk mail from high interest places, one of them being Ralph Marlon(?) offering £7000 at over 600%! not what I asked for....

I complained within a matter of days, and asked for my money back and made a complaint.

they ignored me.

I sent another letter. They then sent me a very odd letter that said I needed to provide ID and other docs to get a refund. odd.

by this point I had had enough. I went to FOS. I gave them all info I had, emails, texts & letters.

It took me from march 2012 - August 2012 to get my original refund.... but as I had some bank regulation knowlege, I pushed my complaint with FOS, stating that they took my money under false pretences - etc etc - 9 months later, I got my money back and £100 compensation. well worth it. A time consuming exercise - but I wanted to post so you would know you WILL GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

Hi - I would imagine if its similar situation then definitely. Make sure you write to them at least twice (recorded delivery) stating explicitly that you want your refund and to cancel any contract between them and you. If they fob you off and delay the refund you can then go to FOS .... But you will need to evidence that you tried to 'resolve' it yourself first (hence the 2 letters) --- let me know if you need anything else. Ultimately any finance business will be regulated and because of this, FOS will be able to investigate)

• 4 months later...