Football

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just heard on the news that a subsidiary of the group that owns Coventry City has gone into administration. Considering the club owes over £1m in rent to Ricoh surely it can't be long before the club goes too.

coventry now in admin, 10 pts deduction, but maybe still a poss takeover http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21970140

Edited by Ford

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Suarez in the news again, bad boy. 'Gnasher' :) has apologised, been fined in house, etc. now awaiting FA involvement. Defoe did the same thing awhile ago and only got a yellow card. the ref saw that (and didn't even red card it! btw) so couldn't get any further fa 'punishment'. whats the difference now? ref didn't see it so can get more sanction (if only the ref had seen it then?). form? rep? media etc don't like him? the usual hypocrisy :)

Edited by Ford

Champions of a league full of bad teams isnt something to shout about :(

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

:) i know, not much comp this year. they didn't even play that well most of the time, but thats a sign of a good team apparently. i'm not shouting about it, i don't support them. just posting the fact.

celtic also champions. again though not much comp (partic as rangers have gone)!

Edited by Ford

I just get saddened when our country is terrible at our national sport. Go to europe and every english team gets decimated. Hell, Liverpool are still the most successful english club in Europe and they havent won anything for almost a decade.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

we've done quite consistently well recently (apart from this year), ie nation with most teams in quarters/semis/finals. chelsea current champs.

People always say it was a weak year whenever man utd win the league with the exceptions of treble or double winning seasons.

When another team wins it, it us described as an epic year.

Sour grapes

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

Not really MrHat. If you think the last few years, even when city won the title, that the league was any good, you are sorely mistaken. The Premiership hasnt had any really decent teams for a good 5 years or so now.

Man utd have been in three champions league finals in that timeframe, won one of them, and chelsea won it last year. What yardstick are you using to measure how decent a team is?

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

Overall performance. Not just reliant on a couple of games.

Bayern spanked Barca, couple of the goals were 'dodgy' though.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Bayern spanked Barca, couple of the goals were 'dodgy' though.

Andy " I love Barca" Townsend is changing his team to Bayern now, or so it seemed during the match. Sounded like a little kid just supporting the winning side. As for the dodgy goals. Gomez was only a little offside and the other was just a gentle block.

As for the dodgy goals. Gomez was only a little offside and the other was just a gentle block.

:thumb::-)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

... As for the dodgy goals. Gomez was only a little offside and the other was just a gentle block.

:)

Sian Massey should've been running the line, she would've got the decisions right! (excellent lino btw)

as for the linos by the goal, what do they do!?

still, bayern did play v well. and barca conceded that, but can they turn it around? 33-1, any takers? :)

Edited by Ford

:) my odds

suarez given 10 match ban. seems prob about right in the circs, everything surrounding it?

an issue though, if the ref had seen it and red carded him then would only have been 3! (maybe thats what lfc were hoping for?). sort that out FA, doesn't make sense.

massey is an excellent lino btw.

Edited by Ford

:) and as you said all the 'experts' are now pro german football as the future, saying barca have gone, too reliant on messi, manager not up to it (Southgate for eg), etc yet a couple of weeks ago they were singing barcas praises!

suarez not to appeal his ban, FA report out. given all the circumstances, furore, PC, PM's view, etc, it seems that such a ban was inevitable? despite not the same furore re defoe at the time!

Edited by Ford

Watford:-D

down to the last game; if they beat/draw v leeds, and hull respectively draw/lose v cardiff then watford auto promoted!

Edited by Ford

But not Plymouth!!!!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.