someone please give advice for large catalogue debts

vonny1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is little point in paying a reduced sum of either £5.00 or £10.00 a month if they continue to add interest and charges..

I am amazed they have permitted anyone to run up a debt of £10,000 on a catalogue ??

If the monthly payment is met you can buy what you like....I have a 10.000 limit on mine ..but only use it for emergencys,,they keep upping the limit without even telling me

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is also the reason why interest is still being added.

Like I said, DO NOT deal with the DCA, deal direct with the catalogue.

CCA the catalogue direct, enclose a PO for £1 leave it blank.

IGNORE the DCA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have now sent off my CCA requests still waiting for a response.

I have been making payments to Simply Be every month of £5 even though they say that's not enough,

but Ive just gone to make my payment and found that they have blocked me from going on my account online.

it just comes up that I no longer have access to my account on line facilities!! so what do I do now,

I cant make my payment!

should I send a cheque? or will they just not bother cashing it.

I really am at my wits end now.

Surely me making a payment was better than me not bothering at all??

some advice would be gratefully appreciated.

No unfortunately I just throw them away, I never thought of that, thank you. I will have to wait till the next one comes and pay double. Why do you think they've done this? why would they want to prevent me from making a payment??.

Normally when you in Default they will Block/ Close the the account,, I dont think they are preventing you from paying has there are other ways to pay :)..Just set up a standing order with your bank when you get simplys Bank details..Bea lot easier for you to keep check also ;)

They prevent you because catalogue companies are the worst. They use it as an excuse to levy unfair and unenforceable charges on the debt. When you get your statement, before you make any more payments, get a FULL breakdown and TELL them that no more payments will be forthcoming until they supply a FULL breakdown and agree a repayment plan.

The good news is that these are low priority debts, and your essentials come first like rent/mortgage/kids etc. If the catalogue companies start to get pushy, send them a letter and tell them to shut up or you will drop them down to £1 a month for the life of the debt, and nobody can make you pay more. Even a court would agree if they are not taking your financial circumstances into account.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

This isn't even a low priority debt, it is a Non Priority debt, and the maximum you should be paying is £1 a month, nothing more.

You can google their bank details anyway.

Sort Code, which is 40-31-24, our Account Number, which is 02128012 and your Customer Number which you'll find on your statement.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They prevent you because catalogue companies are the worst. They use it as an excuse to levy unfair and unenforceable charges on the debt. When you get your statement, before you make any more payments, get a FULL breakdown and TELL them that no more payments will be forthcoming until they supply a FULL breakdown and agree a repayment plan.

The good news is that these are low priority debts, and your essentials come first like rent/mortgage/kids etc. If the catalogue companies start to get pushy, send them a letter and tell them to shut up or you will drop them down to £1 a month for the life of the debt, and nobody can make you pay more. Even a court would agree if they are not taking your financial circumstances into account.

im trying to sort out the last of my debts and have a couple of these to deal with, when you ask for a full breakdown do i have to pay for that to be issued? are there any templates to use please, i kow ive had at least £24 per month charges added on for months and months at a time, i dont have to pay these?? thank you

If I didn't have a mortgage I wouldn't be worried about these debts at all,

I ran up the debts when I could afford to pay them

,never imagined Id end up in a mess like this.

I just dread Debt Collectors coming to the door and then the letter saying their applying for a charging order a against my house!!.

I have now received the following letter from Simply Be, it reads as follows;

Assignor: Simply Be, Assignee: Fredrickson International Ltd, Moorcroft Debt Recovery, Robinson way & co limited, 1st Credit Limited, Buchannan, Clarke and Wells Group..

We hereby give you notice that one of the above companies may be acquiring from Simply Be all its rights and title and interest in and to each of:-

a) the debt of £3395.92 under the account agreement W*******, made between Simply Be and yourself.

b) all other rights, title and interest in and to or relating to the outstanding debt.

It is essential that all future payments, correspondence or queries regarding this account be directed to the above company, as and when the title is transferred.

This assignment will come into affect within the next two weeks.

To prevent further action you must ,

a) pay the debt in full or

b) contact our recovery company on ******** to agree a suitable payment programme and make a first payment. For and on behalf of Simply Be.

Could some one please explain this to me , does it just mean their now selling the debt to a DCA??.

Should I write back to Simply be and state that I have just sent them a CCA request??

Can they pass the debt on while this is going ahead??

Any advice very much apprecited.

thank you.

Well the way I look at it, you have sent them a CCA request, and as this is for a Catalogue I strongly doubt they will come up with one. How did you take this out? And how long ago?

If they fail to supply the CCA within the time limit laid down then the account is in dispute, and any other tame DCA trying to threaten and collect on it, will be told so, and to give the account back to simply be.

As for random strangers turning up at your door, you treat them exactly as you would a gypsy selling wooden pegs, if they fail to leave when told to do so, then you will call the police and have them removed.

Now, is there any charges or fees you can reclaim from this account?

If push comes to shove, set up a standing order to pay simply £1 a month.

Hi yes they can sell the debt, one of the companies listed will aquire all the rights of the agreement and become the ''beneficial'' owner of the account.

ALL SB are saying is pay them now or be chased by the new owner.

So it leaves you in limbo.

When did you send the CCA request?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi

I sent off the CCA request on the 11Th March,

I dont remember signing any credit agreement and I think I first started using the catalogue Simply Be in 2006/2007

and just used to order by phone from the catalogue.

What date should I hear from them about the CCA request??

Is there a template letter on here I can send to stop them sending DCA to my home????

I dont want my children to know and worry about this,

Its been hard enough for them their dad not bothering to contact them.

As far as their concerned Mum's holding it together just fine!.

And I certainly dont want my neighbors knowing my business.

Thanks again for your advice.

Catalogue accounts opened on line are on the basis that IF the first order is accepted then an account is open the necessary ''agreement'' will have been part of the account opening process, ordering, receiving and paying for goods confirms an account exists.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi I sent off the CCA request on the 11Th March, I dont remember signing any credit agreement and I think I first started using the catalogue Simply Be in 2006/2007 and just used to order by phone from the catalogue. What date should I hear from them about the CCA request?? Is there a template letter on here I can send to stop them sending DC to my home???? I dont want my children to know and worry about this, Its been hard enough for them their dad not bothering to contact them. As far as their concerned Mum's holding it together just fine!. And I certainly dont want my neighbors knowing my business. Thanks again for your advice.

Did you enter the contact online by ticking a box?

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Forget any notion of a random stranger turning up on your private property demanding money, print this off and keep a copy by your front door, if you believe all the lies you can send it too them http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

If some stranger does turn up then you simply tell them to get off your property or you will call the police and have them removed.

They are NOT bailiffs, they are simply unqualified gophers who only get paid a commission if they intimidate people enogh to hand over money they have no right to take.

They have 12=2 days to respond to your CCA request, however if you took this out online, or have made orders and subsequently paid for them, as Brig says there will deem to be an agreement in place.

A SAR (£10) sent to them will show you how much of the total owed is fees and charges that they have added, and you should reclaim these.

I'm a little confused (doesn't take much), I didn't open the accounts on line, just ordered from a catalogue.

yes of course I placed orders over the years and was paying the monthly amount, but I'm now not in a financial position to do so.

I'm not sure what you mean, I would of had to of placed orders to owe them the money in the first place,

or do you mean "if Ive placed any orders since I have been unable to afford the monthly amount, in which case I haven't.

When you nade the first order from the catalogue if you used the order form provided that will be a credit agreement and their acceptance of the order opens the account, it wuld seem your best move would be to offer reduced payments and ask for interest to be frozen.

I opened an account in 2002..

My account number on my credit file is different from the one I have now.

.Im sure they wouldnt have a CCA if I asked them

,And know they would need the original if it ever went to court ..

I remember receiving a Catalogue then ordered something,

Didnt have a PC then.

.If you have asked for a CCA Then whatever the CCA was at the time you ordered should be sent to you