Help with Interview

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have recently been suspended from work and I have an interview with my employer to discuss what has happened. I need to take someone with me to help me out legally is there this kind of help out there. Im not really in a position that I can afford to pay for a solicitor. Please could someone point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Hello and welcome to CAG. I'm sure we can help you and hope the guys will be along later.

Have they told you what type of meeting this is please? Investigatory, for instance?

I don't think you need a solicitor at this stage, the guys will probaby tell you a bit more.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It's very rare that an employer will allow a solicitor to acompany you. You are normally allowed to bring a union rep or a fellow colleague. They are normally for providing moral support and to help ensure fairness.

From what you say in your post, this is an investigatory meeting, and, depending on it's outcome, could determine whether no action is taken, or the disciplinary process is started.

Suspension from work is a neutral act and not a predetermined sign of any sanction against you. You should still be getting paid.

I went awol from work for a week so Im not getting paid. Its an investigation the police are involved but have made no contact with me yet. I am not part of a union and Im worried that I could be led into answers that I dont really want to give.

I have not been paid for work previous to my suspension either. I have been told its because they dont have my current address is this lawful ?

I a bit confused - why are the police involved in an investigation into you going AWOL for a week? Or did you go AWOL because you found out the police were involved?

You really should be getting paid while suspended, and I can't see how them not having your current address will affect this unless you're paid by cheque which is sent to your home.

It might be uncomfortable, but I think you're going to have to give more information about your situation for people to be able to give you advice.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Hi there thank you for replies.

I went Awol after finding out the police were involved. I have since spoke to my employers and Im currently suspended with pay.

My main problem is though I have not been paid last months wage. My rent has bounced and some bills, I have spoken to my employer and they at first said they had the wrong bank details and then changed their minds and said they didn't have a contact address or phone number for me. I was told yesterday it would get sorted that day but it still hasn't been. Is there much I can do about this ?

Without the full facts I think it would be almost impossible for anyone to give you sound advice, I would suggest seeing a solicitor if there is a chance that a a criminal offence has been committed or alleged.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.