Kirsty v Nationwide

kc_31
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Kirsty,

I am doing all this for my sister, ive already claimed mine back from alliance & leicester!

The thing is my sisters seems to be more complicated, ive sent 2 letters now along with her statements (to the local branch) and they have just replied saying that she accepted the charges when she opened her bank account. Does any one know what we do now?

Jenny (chanzuk)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one thing you can do........................

Completely ignore them

Its a standard bog off letter.

Start your court claim and continue the fight

good luck!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Sorry you have lost me!

A copy of what?

How far have you actually got with the claim, and why have you sent the bank your bank statements?

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

So the local branch have had a copy of your schedule of charges, your preliminary letter, and your letter before action?

Has it been your local branch that have answered or have they been forwarding your letters onto Electra house?

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

To be quite honest im not sure who the letters are coming from!! as I have said im doing this for my sister, we have just had her statements back from the data protection and then I sent a letter asking for a refund to her local branch who replyed by saying she wasnt entitled to her money back. Im just wondering whether I should have sent them somewhere els. I will have to get the letters off my sister and see where there sent from. Jenny:confused:

hi Kirsty

just to let you know that i have received a letter from Sam Phipps confirming that they have refunded a total amount of £3621.36 inc my mcol charge and they have cancelled £170.25 in pending charges. It is logged on my account and my account looks very healthy at the mo!!! but as of yet i am unable to actually get my hands on the money, it will prob take a few more days to clear. Didnt know if anyone else had these letters as i have not read so. Good luck with yours it should be yours very soon!!!! Just waiting for the "closing account" letter now, although i hope not as they are good!! Parachute account already opened though. I never thought that it would actually happen as quick and easy as this., go for it!!!:D :D

Hi Jenny, Hi Dollies.

Jenny, if you have sent a preliminary approach letter and received a standard reply, you now need to send a letter before action (you can find it in the libraries).

If after 14 days you have either heard nothing or received another standard reply, then proceed with MCOL. If you're not sure whether a letter is standard or not just ask on here.

Hope this helps, Kirsty.

Nationwide

13/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

01/11/06 - Statements received

02/11/06 - Prelim letter sent

11/11/06 - Standard response to prelim

14/11/06 - LBA sent

17/11/06 - Standard response to LBA

04/12/06 - MCOL Issued

06/12/06 - MCOL Acknowledged

07/12/06 - Paid (almost in full)

HSBC

14/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

25/10/06 - Statements received

23/11/06 - LBA sent

31/01/07 - MCOL Issued (finally!!)

07/02/07 - MCOL Acknowledged

Hi wedsmith, I can't believe how easy all this is!!

My claim is now issued and will be deemed served on 9th December so it's back to the waiting game!!

Jenny, sorry I forgot to give you the Electra House address.

Nationwide Building Society

Member Account Servicing

1st Floor Electra House

Farnsby Street

Swindon

SN2 1SR

Nationwide

14/11/06 - LBA sent

04/12/06 - MCOL Issued

HSBC

23/11/06 - LBA sent

wedsmith, just re-read your message - why can't you get to your money yet, have they paid it straight into your account?

Nationwide

14/11/06 - LBA sent

04/12/06 - MCOL Issued

HSBC

23/11/06 - LBA sent

hi when i checked on the nationwide on line banking it says balance available £2294 (overdraft taken out) account balance £2294. But when i popped to the cash machine this evening it still shows my account as being overdrawn! so i have no idea. Maybe it will take a few days to clear or they may even drip feed it through, i will just have to keep checking!

That doesn't sound right! Have you called telephone banking and spoken to someone?

Nationwide

14/11/06 - LBA sent

04/12/06 - MCOL Issued

HSBC

23/11/06 - LBA sent

Sorry for jumping in on the hi-jacking melee Kirsty...But this is where all the action seems to be tonight...not to mention all "the money"...lol

Don't want to worry U "wedsmith" Nationwide FROZE MY ACCOUNT a couple of months ago cos I refused to set up a DD to service my personal loan...I was more than £1600 in the black in my flexaccount at the time...just out of spite cos I had verbally complained about a £30 charge on my account which had been put down on my statement as "Interest" instead of an UNLAWFUL (...just in case Big D is looking...lol) charge. It took them THREE whole weeks for them to allow me access to my own undisputed money!!!

Hope for your sake that they don't take your claim toooo personal.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

I know what I'd be saying to them....."see you in court!!"

How can they justify freezing your account when it's in credit??

Nationwide

14/11/06 - LBA sent

04/12/06 - MCOL Issued

HSBC

23/11/06 - LBA sent

Evening "kc 31"!

I was a couple of months in arrears with my personal loan cos they had unexpectedly ZEROED my £3000 O/D without warning citing "responsible lender" crap...to which I had told them that

"...as a responsible debitor I had a duty to get back into the black asap and minimise high unauthorised O/D interest charges and would resume my loan repayments when this was achieved"

I recollect the words...blood...stone...and...bonded slavery were also mentioned at some point at the time!

P.S. I was £1600 in credit AFTER my loan catching up repayments would have been paid...I was charged for further non-payment of my loan (...cos my account had been FROZEN!!!)...Nationwide Trust is a different company...apparently......................NOT methinks!!!

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

(Jules Winnfield)

Sounds very dodgy!! They zeroed your o/d without warning, surely they should tell you in advance. B******s!!!

Nationwide

14/11/06 - LBA sent

04/12/06 - MCOL Issued

HSBC

23/11/06 - LBA sent

Their 6 monthly review crept up on me unfortunately.

Had been keeping my authorised O/D maxed out so that I could try to use most of my spare wages to finance a CC (27.9%) debt that a very very ex had not told me she had run up on a second card that she had when I used to believe in Lurrrve many many moons ago...just before she had decided that I worked too many hours???

(Jules Winnfield)

When I got my money back it showed on the account for 24 hours before it showed at the atm. Wedsmith, if you have the internet banking- see if the money in shows on the full statement and not on the mini statemant balance- thats what mine did. If so, send them a message on the internet banking facility. When it shows on both the mini and full statement available balance (top right hand corner of the screen) then you can get it at the atm!

Hope that is some use/help!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

hi Kirsty, Emma and milktrayman

just checked my account and all the money has been cleared this morning, (early bird!!! on my way to work) i have transferred all the money out now into my savings account. Looks like we will have a good xmas this year! It is a nice feeling to not have an overdraft and have a little something behind you instead of worrying where the next tenner gonna come from and fearing the postman!!!

Thanks for all your help and support from everyone, and i hope that this gives you some support for your claims cos i really never thought that it would happen to me, they have actually paid £20 more than i asked for!

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Well done Weds!!!!!

That extra £20 will be mine though! lol............they underpaid me by £19

Well to be honest they havent paid me at all, the letter, with the cheque enclosed, didnt have a cheque enclosed!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

well done wedsmith, enjoy the best christmas ever!!!

Dollies, did they call you back yesterday?

Nationwide

14/11/06 - LBA sent

04/12/06 - MCOL Issued

HSBC

23/11/06 - LBA sent

No!!

I rang them again at half four, and that department had gone home, someone will call today, Im not holding my breath though.

I will end up calling again if there is nothing in the post.

Will let you know what happens.

Have you heard anymore yet?

x

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

...there is nothing in the post.

T'is a bit of a sore point with me at the mo Big D!...lol

I would personally carry on with my claim until every last penny was paid to me...Don't forget that YOUR money is still earning THEM interest whilst they pretend that it takes several days to clear.

They should settle your claim having paid you the additional few days interest @ the rate U have claimed until U do get it cleared surely???

(Jules Winnfield)

I've been acknowleged!!!!! I thought it would take longer than that. Only a few days to go!!

Dollies, anything yet?

milktrayman, you're so right. I will complain if MY money takes more than a few seconds to clear.

Nationwide

14/11/06 - LBA sent

04/12/06 - MCOL Issued

HSBC