what should i charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a slightly unusual problem i have . i just finsihed replacing the gus of a computer for a friend of mine who is from the old school like me , however he will not accept me doing it as a favour but expects to pay for it , my problem is i feel uncomtable accepting payment because i did it as a favour but he would be upset if i didnt charge him . Any one got any ideas pls

I have this all the time, Fixing and repairing computers for family and friends.

90% of the time its something simple that takes less than an hour to fix and although I say I don't want paying they

all feel like paying something for my time.

I have now just gone simple on them all, straight £10 an hour that I am happy with and they are more than happy to pay.

George

Ask him for a 1 ounce silver coin like this:

http://www.coininvestdirect.com/en/silver_coins/vienna-philharmonic-1oz-silver-2012.html

It's about £26 so it's fair for both. Plus, everyone should own an ounce of silver.

Edit: if £26 is too much for your friend you can go for a Noah's Ark, 1/4oz Silver, 2012, only £8.24.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"