cash genie/carter forbes surely thay cant do this??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

earlier in the year i had a £250 loan with cash genie which they wanted £325 back with interest. i got in a bit of money trouble and agreed a repayment plan with them and they agreed to freeze interest etc so i paid back 10 monthly installments of £32.50. i paid all of these for 5 months with the 6th month failing ( another place wiped my account ) but 8 days later with my balance with them left at £162.50 they took £160.10 in 4 payments from my account which i accepted as i owed them the money. then on the 8th of november i received an email from carter forbes saying on behalf of cash genie. i checked my cash genie account and it said i owed £2.40 so i printed off the page showing it and emailed carter forbes back saying my account was paid and there must be a mistake. then today i got a reply saying my balance is £555 pounds but they will accept £225 today and wipe the rest of the charges if i paid, i have just replied to them stating what i have as in bank records, repayment plan emails and and a copy of my balance on the cash genie account on the 8th nov 2012 saying it was £2.40 ( thay have also today added an extra £225 on my cash genie account so it says i owe £227.40 now lol) and i am happy to pay them the £2.40 and am waiting to hear back

surely they cant be allowed to do this for £2.40

No they can't but they will try to say they can.

You know cash genie carter forbes are one and the same don't you?

You need to make sure that you have cancelled any cpa with bot cash genie and your bank. Then I would pay them the 2.40 (not by debit card) and forget it. They will not take you to court and if they try phoning/writing etc I would send a harassment letter and also tell them that the account is now closed and if they carry on harassing you, you will sue them