'past due credit services' chasing 'British Gas' debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did you ever get an answer as to if BG are getting your payments through these spoofers?

did you ask BG when they last sent you a bill?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what date did you first get the letter from PDC?

what date did you leave the flat?

in that period did you ever get a bill from BG?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nicely worded letter that.

Problem is that as far as I am aware any agency that British Gas debt factor to have the ability to report on your credit file (I may be wrong on that but I am 99% certain) so it will nuke your credit history.

It sounds off the above as if they do not include things like mobile/SKY etc in their income and expenditure forms?

Thank you very much!!!!

Credit rating doesn't really matter as that's knackered anyway...........I've got no issue with paying what I owe it's just the fact that this company are twatbags who have cancelled my payment plan (when it's so close to being finished) to probably add more charges on just coz I was a couple of days late ringing them.

The problem I have is that they can't set up a standing order as I have a maestro card so I have to ring and pay it every month. Sometimes the payment date will land on a sunday so then I have to ring on a monday which counts as me being late and as this has occurred 3 times in a year they won't allow me to pay £30 and want the full amount.

The debt is originally from my previous address, I had got into financial difficulty and not paid gas for a while so a meter was installed and the debt was being repaid through that.

I then moved house so had to stay with British Gas to continue paying my debt to them but there was an issue regarding the previous tenants of my current property and it took a while to get my saccount set up here.

This is where BG screwed up as I was led to believe that my previous debt payments were rolled into the payments I was making for my gas at my current property. This wasn't the case and the first I knew of it was when PDCS wrote to me requesting this account be paid. Then followed the farce I have endured this last month.

Posted that letter off today so can't wait to see what response I get.

They allow for phone but not things like hire purchase, ie: Brighthouse payments and also wouldn't amend the I&E even when I rang back straight away to correct the error.

PDCS were saying that I had a disposable income of around £250 per month which is most definately not the case!!!!!!!!

After coming off the phone I realised that my sons nursery fees had not been accounted for which is £62 per week...........there goes that disposable income!!!!!

But they wouldn't adjust it even when I said I could send them proof that's what I have to pay out.

They won't accept any payment from me unless it is the £186.58 (full payment) that is left outstanding on the account. I am a single mum working part time and just do not have access to a lump sum like that as literally all my money is paid out each month at the moment.

In response to dx

The first letter I ever got from PDCS was about a year ago, (I have made around 12 payments of £30 to this company)

I knew I had this debt for BG from my previous address as I had been paying through a meter but thought I was paying it in with my new account at new address but that wasn't the case and didn't get any correspondence from BG regarding it, just the letter from PDCS

as i've said

i would not be paying them another penny.

dx

and they

Yeah I reckon you are right and from what they have said in the latest letter ie: they will instruct BG to take me to court (when BG have said they don't own the account anymore!!!) I'm beginning to think there is not they can do if I don't pay the rest of what I owe as they clearly do not know their bum from their elbow!!!!

sri but i sinncerely doubt NOT A PENNY ofyour payments have gone off the debt.

did you ever look at your CRA file?

dx

and they

No I didn't as it really doesn't matter what they have done to my credit rating, it's in tatters anyway so not really an issue for me.

It is PDCS who hold the debt so the payments go to them.......they don't pass them BG as they bought the account from them.

It just seems a bit strange to me that they are being so obstructive when I was so close to clearing this debt? Paranoid? Cynical?

they should still be reporting on the debt.

check your cra file.

dx

and they

Sounds sensible to me.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you very much!!!!

Credit rating doesn't really matter as that's knackered anyway...........I've got no issue with paying what I owe it's just the fact that this company are ****bags who have cancelled my payment plan (when it's so close to being finished) to probably add more charges on just coz I was a couple of days late ringing them.

The problem I have is that they can't set up a standing order as I have a maestro card so I have to ring and pay it every month. Sometimes the payment date will land on a sunday so then I have to ring on a monday which counts as me being late and as this has occurred 3 times in a year they won't allow me to pay £30 and want the full amount.

The debt is originally from my previous address, I had got into financial difficulty and not paid gas for a while so a meter was installed and the debt was being repaid through that.

I then moved house so had to stay with British Gas to continue paying my debt to them but there was an issue regarding the previous tenants of my current property and it took a while to get my saccount set up here.

This is where BG screwed up as I was led to believe that my previous debt payments were rolled into the payments I was making for my gas at my current property. This wasn't the case and the first I knew of it was when PDCS wrote to me requesting this account be paid. Then followed the farce I have endured this last month.

Posted that letter off today so can't wait to see what response I get.

They allow for phone but not things like hire purchase, ie: Brighthouse payments and also wouldn't amend the I&E even when I rang back straight away to correct the error.

PDCS were saying that I had a disposable income of around £250 per month which is most definately not the case!!!!!!!!

After coming off the phone I realised that my sons nursery fees had not been accounted for which is £62 per week...........there goes that disposable income!!!!!

But they wouldn't adjust it even when I said I could send them proof that's what I have to pay out.

If you know their account details you can set up a standing order as that is set up by the customer, if your account doesn't support a Direct Debit (set up by the company) then that's another matter.

The date shouldn't matter if it lands on a weekend as a Direct Debit cannot go out on a weekend, it will go out on the next banking day - the Monday (unless it's a bank holiday Monday!).

why?

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Hey thought I had heard the last of PDCS but lo and behold they rang me today!!!!!

Said they had received my letter (see above) and that they are willing to go through an income & expenditure with me.

It was inconvenient at the time as I had just left work so they are going to ring me back.........shall I tell them to prove what I owe as I know that I do not owe British Gas for this debt now (£186)

It was inconvenient at the time as I had just left work so they are going to ring me back.........shall I tell them to prove what I owe as I know that I do not owe British Gas for this debt now (£186)

Yes, and tell them that you will not take any more of their calls and any future communications should be in writing.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Please do.:-)

What's Best for You?

still cant understand why you even considering any comms with these fleecers.

you owe nothing.

dx

and they