Amal re gym cancellation and DCA - CCC plc

Amal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No Amal, they will not come to your flat IF you follow our advice.

:oops:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have nothing to fear if you follow our advice.

These people have no power or authority at all and can do nothing about this matter.

They try to scare you just so you pay them.

No one will come to your flat if you just follow the advice here and send off that letter.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I refer to my membership at Gymbox, which I cancelled on 18th May 2011 by email and have the email stored safely as evidence.

I am prepared to offer Gymbox payment of one (1) month's fee (£55) as full and final settlement of our disagreement and which was required if the 30 days notice period was not observed.

Please acknowledge receipt of my email and request and if you agree, then I will pay £55 as full and final settlement of this matter within 14 days of this email.

If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days, or you demand any more from me, my offer will be withdrawn and I will be forced to pursue this matter in court of law, especially with regard to your debt collector.

Yours faithfully,

As discussed with you we are awaiting your proof of cancellation as you never requested this and for any changes to occur to a contract we need this to be done in writing.

I awaiting your proof of cancellation to action your request.

???????????????? what i should do now????

Edited by slick132
added letter sent by amal which was sent to me by PM

Hi Amal,

Forward to the DCA the original email dated 18th May 2011.

Tell them :-

This is the original email I sent to you cancelling my membership on 18th May 2011.

Are you suggesting that this should have been sent to in writing by letter.

:wink:

OK, then send the reply in post #32 to the gym.

When you sent the email on 18th May 2011, I assume you sent it to the gym and it included the name of the person who wanted to cancel the gym agreement - is this correct ?

Do you have any idea why they would say they "cannot correlate this email to her account" ??

When you sent the email on 18th May 2011, I assume you sent it to the gym and it included the name of the person who wanted to cancel the gym agreement - is this correct ?

Do you have any idea why they would say they "cannot correlate this email to her account" ??

"There is no record of any email from you to Sarah as you stated"

Hi Amal,

Are you satisfied that you sent the email to the correct email address for "sarah" at the gym.

Thanks. Send this to the gym by email.

Dear sir or madam,

I attach a copy of the email which I sent to Sarah at your gym on 18th May 2011.

If you lost it at your end, then that is your business and nothing to do with me. I cancelled my gym agreement and I was entitled to do so.

In my email to you of 5th November, I offered to pay you a final £55 to settle this matter.

You have until 19th November to accept my offer of £55, after which my offer is withdrawn.

While this matter is in dispute, you must stop all collection activity by yourselves or any DCA instructed by you.

Yours faithfully,

Let us know, here on your thread, how they reply.

No need to keep sending me PM's as I see whenever you post here on your thread. :wink:

And could you smell the male bovine manure?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi Amal,

I hope you told the DCA to put anything they want to say in writing, and then you finished the conversation.

Ignore the DCA threats.

Wait for the gym to reply to your last letter or email.

:-)

Hi Amal,

I hope you told the DCA to put anything they want to say in writing, and then you finished the conversation.

Ignore the DCA threats.

Wait for the gym to reply to your last letter or email.

i posted last week do i have to send email to the Gym ?

Hi Amal,

Yes, send the same letter to the gym by email.

Hi Amal,

In a PM to me, you said :-

Do u think i have to speak with solicitor ?

If I thought that would help at all, I would have suggested it. A solicitor will do just the same as we are telling you to do, except you'll pay them lots of money.

Stick with our advice and we will help you get rid of the gym and their DCA.

You just need to be patient and you also have to stop worrying about them as there's nothing at all that the gym or the DCA can do to you.

Please post on thread, not by PM, thank you.

Hi Amal,

You can send a copy of your letter or email to the DCA so they know why you will ignore their demands.