Amal re gym cancellation and DCA - CCC plc

Amal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

pleas any one cna help me i had pay as you go on 5-5-2011 and i went there just 4 times also i sent to them email on 18-5 to cancel my pay as you go .

i received my account statement and i found a discounted amount of 55 pounds from my account and i asked the bank to recover fees was discovered that the club has deduct 55 pounds a month from may 2011to July 2012 s and was re amount of 770 pounds

The club sent email asking me to contact I have to send more than email and contact and after three weeks I was contacted and told them that I have to cancel the contract and two days later received response that they did not find email and must be re-770 and I told them that I cancel the contract and yesterday I received mail from the Office of Debt Collection demanding pay amount

what i should to do pleas help me ???

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you cancel in writting? Have you got acopy of the terms and condition or the agreement?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Amal and welcome to CAG

I've moved your posts into your own thread that you can use from now on.

I assume your case concerns Harlands and/or CRS but please confirm.

Have you kept a copy of the cancellation email you sent to the gym on 18th May 2012. Make sure this is kept safely and print off a copy too.

You had every right to cancel by email and you do not need to do any more than that to cancel. What are they saying you should have done, or that you still must do.

How much have they taken from your bank in total.

You should have cancelled the DD Mandate when you cancelled the gym m/ship. Has the DD mandate been cancelled now.

yesterday I received mail from the Office of debt collection demanding pay amount

Who was this from and what have the asked you to do or pay.

Do not worry about these people - they have no authority and they try to bully you into paying.

Answer my questions above and we'll see how we can help you further.

:-D

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Amal and welcome to CAG

I've moved your posts into your own thread that you can use from now on.

I assume your case concerns Harlands and/or CRS but please confirm.

Have you kept a copy of the cancellation email you sent to the gym on 18th May 2012. Make sure this is kept safely and print off a copy too.

You had every right to cancel by email and you do not need to do any more than that to cancel. What are they saying you should have done, or that you still must do.

gone back through _____ email account and the only email I can find is one that says originally you wanted to pay in full for the year and then changed your mind to a pay as you go membership.

The membership you signed into was a pay as you go membership and to cancel we would have required in writing 1 full calendar months notice which we did not receive. There is no record of any email from you to _____as you stated yesterday

770 but on July 2012 i ask the bank to refund to my credit card and i get bak on next week 770 in my account

You should have cancelled the DD Mandate when you cancelled the gym m/ship. Has the DD mandate been cancelled now.

i did on July 2012 because i thought i don"t have any contract in UK

cccplc

Gym have tried to contact you on numerous in relation to outstanding payments owed . we have bee asked to act on their behalf for collection of these owed monies

Do not worry about these people - they have no authority and they try to bully you into paying.

Answer my questions above and we'll see how we can help you further.

Thank you for your help

Answer Slicks questions in pink please, then I'm sure slick will send you a response letter to send to harlands and crs.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Answer Slicks questions in pink please, then I'm sure slick will send you a response letter to send to harlands and crs.

gone back through _____ email account and the only email I can find is one that says originally you wanted to pay in full for the year and then changed your mind to a pay as you go membership.

The membership you signed into was a pay as you go membership and to cancel we would have required in writing 1 full calendar months notice which we did not receive. There is no record of any email from you to _____as you stated yesterday

770 but on July 2012 i ask the bank to refund to my credit card and i get bak on next week 770 in my account

i did on July 2012 because i thought i don"t have any contract in UK

cccplc

Gym have tried to contact you on numerous in relation to outstanding payments owed . we have bee asked to act on their behalf for collection of these owed monies

Hi Amal and thanks for the info.

It is an regular trick for the gym or their admin company to deny receiving a cancellation email, so it's a shame you don't still have it. Please have a good look to see if you can find it.

I think you should offer to pay them one months fee as required for the notice period back in 2011. If you gave notice to cancel in May 2011, you should pay them one further payment for June 2011.

If the bank have refunded £770 which the gym took after you sent the cancellation email, that is good.

If you agree to pay them the one further month's fee, that will show that you have acted reasonably.

Let me know if you agree and I'll draft a letter you can send to the gym or the DCA, who you say is CCC plc.

:wink:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Amal and thanks for the info.

It is an regular trick for the gym or their admin company to deny receiving a cancellation email, so it's a shame you don't still have it. Please have a good look to see if you can find it.

I think you should offer to pay them one months fee as required for the notice period back in 2011. If you gave notice to cancel in May 2011, you should pay them one further payment for June 2011.

If the bank have refunded £770 which the gym took after you sent the cancellation email, that is good.

If you agree to pay them the one further month's fee, that will show that you have acted reasonably.

Let me know if you agree and I'll draft a letter you can send to the gym or the DCA, who you say is CCC plc.

i have copy for a cancellation email which i sent on 18-5-2011

aftet that they said to me "gone back through email account and the only email I can find is one that says originally you wanted to pay in full for the year and then changed your mind to a pay as you go membership".

HI Amal,

You need to confirm for me:-

Does the copy email that YOU HAVE dated 18th May 2011 say you are cancelling the membership or..........

Does it say you have changed your mind and decided to choose a Pay as You Go membership, instead of paying a full year's fees up front.

they did not find my email

they gone back through sarh email account and the only email they can find is one that said originally i wanted to pay in full for the year and then changed your mind to a pay as you go membership.

Hi Amal,

It does not matter if THEY cannot find your email - they often "lose" cancellation emails.

What matters more is, do YOU have the copy on your computer. If so, print it off and keep it safely in case it is needed.

About my question in post #14 above, you sent me this by PM :-

Dear Sarah ,

I cannot attend any more i will go to Saudi Arabia next week .

It was a pleasure to meet and train with Gym

I am therefore giving notice that I want to exercise this right to cancel my contract with you.

Please confirm, is this exactly what you said in the email that you sent to the gym on 18th May 2011.

Please be precise as these details are important.

Hi Amal,

It does not matter if THEY cannot find your email - they often "lose" cancellation emails.

What matters more is, do YOU have the copy on your computer. If so, print it off and keep it safely in case it is needed.

About my question in post #14 above, you sent me this by PM :-

Please confirm, is this exactly what you said in the email that you sent to the gym on 18th May 2011.

Please be precise as these details are important.

Yes i did on 18th May

Hi Amal,

Letter to the Debt Collection Agency CCC plc and send it by "Royal Mail Signed For Delivery" :-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to my membership at xxxxx gym.

I cancelled membership on 18th May 2011 by email and have the email stored safely as evidence.

I am prepared to offer to pay you one month's fee of £55 which was required for the 30 days notice period.

If you agree to accept £55 in full and final settlement of this matter within 14 days, I will pay it to you.

If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days, or you demand any more from me, my offer will be withdrawn and I will not communicate with you further.

Yours faithfully,

Send this off to the DCA and let us know how they reply.

:-)

Can you also let us know what gym this is about.

How much is the DCA demanding that you pay.

Hi Amal,

Please keep everything here on your thread as dealing with PM's is more time-consuming. Thanks.

Just use the letter as I wrote it above and don't mention the High Court case or Mr Justice Kitchin.

Hi Amal,

Please keep everything here on your thread as dealing with PM's is more time-consuming. Thanks.

Just use the letter as I wrote it above and don't mention the High Court case or Mr Justice Kitchin.

Do u think they will come to my flat ?