The ball is rolling - eventually

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How slippery can you be?

After sending the e-mail to the recommended place, I received a brush off return e-mail and was given the main on line banking telephone number. This I called and was told that they could give me the number of charges on my account for the last 6 years, but not the detail. My local branch had to give me this. I instructed them to send an e-mail on my behalf requesting the info, which effectively starts the 20 days. The telephone service did tell me that they can refund one bank charge as a gesture of goodwill, but even though I had two charges on the account, one for the missed DD and one for the letter informing me of the missed DD, only one could be refunded? It turns out I have 28 charges on the account over the last 6 years. i'm amazed at the number. I'm visiting the branch tomorrow to see if the mail was recieved. Watch this space!!

Thanks for the string.

I'll call first thing Monday in addition to visiting the branch tomorrow. I have to say the girl at telephone banking was stunned at the legal information that was presented to get the 6 year history. This is all thanks to this web site guide. Thanks once again for the additional info.

I had the same

visit this thread http://idigital.vm.bytemark.co.uk/bag/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185 after calling it I had my charges etc in less than 7 days for no charge

Paul

After trying this number i was told that a schedule of charges is not held under the dpa and to phone customer services.

They (customer services) wont provide a schedule of charges but will provide all my statements for £5, so 6 years worth of statements are now on the way in the post.

I had the same

visit this thread http://idigital.vm.bytemark.co.uk/bag/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185 after calling it I had my charges etc in less than 7 days for no charge

Paul

After trying this number i was told that a schedule of charges is not held under the dpa and to phone customer services.

They (customer services) wont provide a schedule of charges but will provide all my statements for £5, so 6 years worth of statements are now on the way in the post.

Needless to say, no e-mail at the branch regarding my request. Another brush off. They refused to cancel both my charges at the branch, even though they were related, but offered as a goodwill gesture to refund one. I refused, and gave them the library letter with all the relevent details. They gave me a copy as a receipt, and the 40 days are ticking. Lets see if they give schedule of chrages, or just the statements. I can't see them being that helpful, so I'm expecting the statements, and then I'll have to pile through. it's funny, they could tell me exactly the number of charges on the account within 5 minutes, but have dragged their feet on expanding on this lists detail. Will keep you posted as the 40 days progress.

Needless to say, no e-mail at the branch regarding my request. Another brush off. They refused to cancel both my charges at the branch, even though they were related, but offered as a goodwill gesture to refund one. I refused, and gave them the library letter with all the relevent details. They gave me a copy as a receipt, and the 40 days are ticking. Lets see if they give schedule of chrages, or just the statements. I can't see them being that helpful, so I'm expecting the statements, and then I'll have to pile through. it's funny, they could tell me exactly the number of charges on the account within 5 minutes, but have dragged their feet on expanding on this lists detail. Will keep you posted as the 40 days progress.

I have just spoken to Halifax Telephone banking 08457 203040.

I requested a schedule of all charges applied to my account since January 2000. The very helpful lady told me that she would request that from their business centre. She promptly keyed the request and told me that it would be actioned by the business centre tomorrow (saturday - yeah right!!) There will be no charge and she said that I should have the information within a week.

I have just spoken to Halifax Telephone banking 08457 203040.

I requested a schedule of all charges applied to my account since January 2000. The very helpful lady told me that she would request that from their business centre. She promptly keyed the request and told me that it would be actioned by the business centre tomorrow (saturday - yeah right!!) There will be no charge and she said that I should have the information within a week.

Interesting how inconsistent the halifax are in arranging for statements. Some people succeed at the telephone banking, ohers are told to go to branch, others are helped through the business centre. there is absolutely no cohesiveness to how we can all obtain the basic information.

The only thing I can see as being consistent is the high level of arrogance they project back to all the people they liked to call customers.

They don't deserves us.

Interesting how inconsistent the halifax are in arranging for statements. Some people succeed at the telephone banking, ohers are told to go to branch, others are helped through the business centre. there is absolutely no cohesiveness to how we can all obtain the basic information.

The only thing I can see as being consistent is the high level of arrogance they project back to all the people they liked to call customers.

They don't deserves us.

They don't deserves us.

... and w don't deserve them - we deserve much better

They don't deserves us.

... and w don't deserve them - we deserve much better

Latest news on the rolling ball.

Not having had a formal letter of response from the Halifax after the first seven days (the time for them to agree to settle), I visited the branch again today to give them a follow up letter, indicating the time was ticking on the 40 days, and that I was disappointed that after 30 years of loyalty to the bank, they had neglected to write to me. I got a real sob story from the deputy manageress, indicating that they had 6 people off work last week, and the manager had had to work as a cashier, hence the "reason" why no response had been sent to my letter. This is a large branch, possibly with well over 50 people working in it. I said , I sympathised with the position (not really :roll: ), but made them aware that regardless of illness there was a strict timetable they must adhere to, to comply with the DPA request. The deputy manageress asked whats the "DPA?".

Heaven help me. No wonder they are unable to respond. No wonder they are using computer generated letters to ensure compliance.

Let's see if the branch are taking the position seriously, and they send a response. Will keep you posted.

Latest news on the rolling ball.

Not having had a formal letter of response from the Halifax after the first seven days (the time for them to agree to settle), I visited the branch again today to give them a follow up letter, indicating the time was ticking on the 40 days, and that I was disappointed that after 30 years of loyalty to the bank, they had neglected to write to me. I got a real sob story from the deputy manageress, indicating that they had 6 people off work last week, and the manager had had to work as a cashier, hence the "reason" why no response had been sent to my letter. This is a large branch, possibly with well over 50 people working in it. I said , I sympathised with the position (not really :roll: ), but made them aware that regardless of illness there was a strict timetable they must adhere to, to comply with the DPA request. The deputy manageress asked whats the "DPA?".

Heaven help me. No wonder they are unable to respond. No wonder they are using computer generated letters to ensure compliance.

Let's see if the branch are taking the position seriously, and they send a response. Will keep you posted.

30 years? Have you got your original contract?

If not, can you ask them for a copy? Put in another DPA reuqest for it.

it wold be very interesting to see it.

30 years? Have you got your original contract?

If not, can you ask them for a copy? Put in another DPA reuqest for it.

it wold be very interesting to see it.

Top idea, but the account I am claiming 6 years worth of charges back on is a joint account that is around 15 years old. My parents set me up with the halifax 30 years ago.

Actually, perhaps a contract of 15 years ago may still be interesting to read!!

I'll let you know how I get on. Incedentally, what's the significance of the original contract? Is it the same as the validity of an employment contract?

Top idea, but the account I am claiming 6 years worth of charges back on is a joint account that is around 15 years old. My parents set me up with the halifax 30 years ago.

Actually, perhaps a contract of 15 years ago may still be interesting to read!!

I'll let you know how I get on. Incedentally, what's the significance of the original contract? Is it the same as the validity of an employment contract?

I am wondering whether very old contracts gave the right to the banks to change their charges in the way they do now.

If you opened your account with an old contract which didn't permit it then they would not be alllowed to change their charges and they wouldn't even be able to introduce a new term which allowed them to do so in the future.

I know a couple of people who have been with their banks for 30 yrs or so and their banks won't show them their original contracts.

I am wondering whether very old contracts gave the right to the banks to change their charges in the way they do now.

If you opened your account with an old contract which didn't permit it then they would not be alllowed to change their charges and they wouldn't even be able to introduce a new term which allowed them to do so in the future.

I know a couple of people who have been with their banks for 30 yrs or so and their banks won't show them their original contracts.

This could be a challenge. I'll give it a try for the contract given 15 years ago.

If I make the application under the DPA, would this document be covered, as are the statements? Given that it could be important information if the position went to court, would it still be classed as personal information (Durant v FSA 2003)?

Thanks for the info.

This could be a challenge. I'll give it a try for the contract given 15 years ago.

If I make the application under the DPA, would this document be covered, as are the statements? Given that it could be important information if the position went to court, would it still be classed as personal information (Durant v FSA 2003)?

Thanks for the info.

I expect that it could pose a problem. I haven't looked at the DPA for years and what I know at the moment is mainly what I have picked up from the posts on this forum.

Still you never know and it would be interesting to see on what basis they refuse the dislcosure request.

I expect that it could pose a problem. I haven't looked at the DPA for years and what I know at the moment is mainly what I have picked up from the posts on this forum.

Still you never know and it would be interesting to see on what basis they refuse the dislcosure request.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks