Claiming on hardship grounds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

A few years ago I put in a claim for my overdraft charges to be refunded. Like a lot of other people my case was frozen during the OFT ruling and then null and voided by the judgement.

For a large portion of the period 2002 - present I was suffering from ill health and claiming benefits, punctuated with sporadic periods of employment. In 2006 this got worse as i suffered the loss of a family member which cause me to have a nervous breakdown. The only money I had coming in was my benefits, and my overdraft charges were paid with a portion of my state benefits (which is just what the law says I need to live on). Because of this I have fallen behind with rent on more than one occasion and actually had to move because I couldn't afford the rent. Any paid employment wages I got was swallowed up by my overdraft fees. I am still about 2 months behind with the rent.

My question is what is the best way I could I word this in a hardship letter?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

i had this problem with first direct .i had to give up work due ms all my money was going on bank charges.nearly lost our house.askedfirst direct for a refund not a chance they said as i no longer have an account with them ,pointed out that the account was closed by them thats why i don,t have an account any more.still no