Comet Aftercare nightmare, tv gone for over a month now! **WON FULL CASH REFUND**

herpaderp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to say the warranty was a waste of money, your statutory rights give you six years from date of purchase if anything goes wrong with your product, a lot of companies con people into buying useless expensive warranties.

IMO I would go back to the store and make a formal complaint to the store manager, ask him who the name of his area manager is as you intend to take this matter much further if he is unable/unwilling to help.

Have a read of SOGA, this will be your weapon of choice to get this repaired/replaced .

Hi Bazooka ,

Yes indeed if only it was that simple it certainly is not as straight forward as you make it sound regarding the 6 Year Plan there is a big diffrence between a product with an inherent manufacturing fault and a product breaking down by natural causes and wear and tear.

The onus is on the customer to prove an inherent or manufacturing fault with a faulty product after 6 months is it not ? this is the difficult part .

COMET these days are refusing to replace a product that fails within 14 Days and less as some Consumers are reporting here in various threads never mind a product that fails after 18 months or so .

Yes SOGA is meant to be the weapon of choice in the Consumers favour but until it is revamped completely COMET and other Retailers will continue to to string everyone along regarding faulty goods .

There are nearly 400 Threads regarding COMET here on CAG have a look to see how many have been resolved under SOGA .

This obviously does not even count the hundreds of others who have simlar issues with other Retailers who have posted on CAG .

On a final note regarding contacting the Retail Store Manager or area Manager waste of time go straight to the top as dx mentioned

bob.darke@comet.co.uk

This is the Directors Office and as we have seen many times the the standard response email is not very encouraging .

Court action is available as we know if you are prepared to wait some 9 months or so with a faulty product still in your kitchen or living room .

The Threads posted here on CAG would back this up as such the majority are still unresolved and in many cases the customer has given up and purchased elsewhere never again to return to a COMET store .

Having a COMET rep on CAG now can only be a good thing I hope Matt can help solve many issues without the normal Brick Wall tactics that are normally used , we will wait and see .

Edited by GorgieBoy
  • Haha 1

Regards

GorgieBoy

Hi herp ,

All this mish mash is about the norm now COMET Service or whats left of it are working on an absolute shoestring these days with no one knowing whats going on this is of no consolation to your issues but you are certainly not alone in suffering this terrible service .

A lot of work is now outsourced to Third Parties , I think they have one Service Hub that serves the whole of the UK which is understaffed and underskilled that is where your set has probably ended up unfortunately it has now to make a return journey from the Hub back to your livingroom in a similar metal box .

I hope your next update is good news we await with interest .

Good Luck ,

Regards

GorgieBoy

Hi Herp ,

Waste of time regarding the Retail Store , Has your Tv been repaired but not the damaged Cabinet ?

If yes contact the Directors Office Again with regards to the damage at the very least they should offer some sort of payment for the damage THEY caused .

You must keep going until you are completely satisfied .

Regards

GorgieBoy

really so who have they sold too

they only just built the ruddy thing!

dx

Harlow is still a distribution Centre (At the Moment ) but as far as I am aware the Main Service HUB is located at Skelmsdale (At the Moment) which is also a distribution Centre .

The Harlow Service Hub was a disaster by all accounts, and yes it was not long built and was located inside the distribution Centre .

Just to add I dont think we will be hearing from Matt the COMET rep anytime soon but who knows .

I also notice the COMET Web Site is down the end is Nigh I am afraid .

All and all a once proud and Famous Family run business with its origins in HULL nearly extinct due to total Mis-Management at Senior level for many years .

No it has nothing to do with Amazon and the likes it has to do with total Mis-Management.

The writing has been on the wall for a few years with customers still being strung along up until the bitter end .

Regards

GorgieBoy

• 2 weeks later...