how to claim jsa whilst looking for work abroad?

star*
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i am looking for any make sense info if possible?

my husband lost his job late august and made a claim for JSA contribution based early in september, and we have found out he has the chance to look for work in northern sweden and is almost guaranteed a job over there, the local employment office in sweden where he would be based have sent us criteria information on still claiming uk jsa and as far as we are aware he meets the criteria and that of the criteria in the uk.

so today he went to sign on and asked for an U2 form (used to be an E303 form), he explained the situation and was blankly told no you cant have the form your not entitled to it, you wont have paid enough NI contributions ( how she knows this without looking is beyond me?) and then told my husband he had better start looking for work in the uk or she will make sure he loses his benefits!!!

he has been actively looking work and has had numerous interviews.

my husband just wants a new start for us all, where we live work is so hard to come by, any advice or solid info from anyone would be much appreciated.

It sounds like the adviser didn't understand the criteria. Next time ask to speak to their manager. I always had huge problems with arranging the export of benefits, as many staff didn't have a clue about it.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

well thats the impression my husband got too, the lady didnt even look at him and was rude, we've emailed the relevant jobcentre office, i havnt seen anything about NI contributions affecting your claiming abroad? is this true

well thats the impression my husband got too, the lady didnt even look at him and was rude, we've emailed the relevant jobcentre office, i havnt seen anything about NI contributions affecting your claiming abroad? is this true

As far as I'm aware he only needs to have paid enough conts to get cont based JSA - which you say he's been awarded - so that should be enough. There are no seperate contribution conditions for exporting benefit. I think he needs to have been claiming for a period of time - 4 weeks comes to mind, and has to register with the jobcentre of the new country within a time limit.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Yup, if he meets the contribution conditions for JSA© in the UK, he would normally be allowed to export up to three months of his remaining entitlement (bearing in mind that JSA© is only paid for 26 weeks) if he is seeking work outside the UK but within the EU and EEA.

DWP web page on the subject. The adviser at the Jobcentre should be asked (politely :-) ) to check on their intranet guidance and refer to a supervisor if they are not sure.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.