style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening everyone, could I get some opinions on the situation Im in with PDE. I borrowed 800 in the summer and been juggling other PDL's ever since. It come to the point where I was well behind on most and Im slowly sorting them out. PDE badgered the life out of me but its good to hang up on them. Keep ringing and Ill keep hanging up. Simple. Anyway I hadnt made any payments for awhile, maybe the odd charge of £25 or 2 x £25 and my account was escalating out of control. This last week I had 750 took from my bank which was a big hit, and I wasn't really impressed but thought my balance must now be next to nothing. I emailed them and they say I still owe 1100 after the 750 they have took in 1 week ? Now I dont really fancy paying this to be honest as over the months I must of payed maybe 1500 in total back ? My bank account they take money from is now frozen as my banks security thought the constant debits were fraudulent. I'm transferring my wages elsewhere from now on so PDE can get ****ed if they think there getting anymore off me. Whats their next move from here ? As Iv no intention of paying anymore because they had my eyes out enough.:violin:

All you owe is amount borrowed plus 1 month interest plus initial defaul fee minus any payment already made, so if you paid off 1500 already on a 800 loan you have more than cleared your debt.

So don't give them another penny.

Send them a letter by recorded delivery placing the account in dispute as you consider the debt to be paid in full.

Also report their antics to the Oft and Trading standards.

I have had a similiar problem with PDE - I took out a loan for £660 about 5 months ago, unfortunately i haven't been able to clear this but instead have been forced to pay £160 per month to just 'roll over' the loan - if you do the maths - this means over the last 5 months i've paid them £800, i finally called them as this was getting ridiculous and according to their emails i still owed £860!!! They agreed to let me pay £250 this month and £250 next month to clear the loan ... this means in total I will have paid them £1300 for a £660 loan!!! Not only that, but after the agreement, they debited the £250 as agreed and then the next day, debited another £50 - cheeky buggers. If i'm honest, I'd rather not pay them the other £200 since they've caused me more in charges from stealing £50 out of my account and left me short for the rest of the month but if i don't pay the final £200 where do i stand? I told them in rollover fees i've more than paid what i'd owed but as you know they have an answer for everything and were adamant that this didn't count as money paid off the loan, i was literally just paying the interest .... any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

Dear Sir/Madam

Ref: xxxxxxxxxxx

On (date) you wrote to me demanding the sum of (£TBC). On (date) I responded to you advising that the sum demanded by you had been paid in full on (date) yet you have again written to me demanding payment.

Despite my previous requests, you have provided me with no evidence of the alleged debt.

In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods, furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to psychological harassment.

We would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above accounts unless you can provide evidence as to our liability for the debt in question.

We await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise we will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

We look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Something along the above should do, adapt as you see fit.

Thanks for template Nao. As I haven't really been in contact with PDE, and have not argued the toss about anything. I don't think I can say "despite previous request etc" in a letter. Can I still send them a letter ? Will they take any notice of my letter saying, Iv paid enough and placing account in dispute ? I have had some brief emails lately from them after I told them there not getting another penny, they say I owe 530 still. Do I need to respond online or just send a letter recorded delivery ? Will this take it any closer to being resolved ? Sorry for million questions, just unsure what to write. Thanks

update on this. After Iv told payday express they wont be getting another penny from me because the 530 is charges that are complete bull**** to be honest. Anyway a letter lands this morning from Ruthbridge (collection agency) stating they now have the debt from payday express, so they will be collecting the debt from now on. Problem is I wont be paying anything. Where do I stand now ? Can I tell them there getting zero zilch nada?