Marlin/capquest & spoof 'loft insulation' visitor - this ones the missus debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok guys,

a geezer just walked up my path all suited and booted saying hes representing British Gas and would I mind answering a few questions to see if I qualify for free loft insulation?

He also stated that hes here to inform the residents on the street that we will be suffering some road works over the next few months.

He asked me a few questions, ie name dob etc then asked to use my phone - thats when I smelled a rat.

I went ahead and let him use it.

He then passed the phone to me and I got some Scottish guy asking me how thick my loft insulation is etc etc.

We arrange a date in December for a "surveyor" to call.

When I got in the house I checked the number he had dialled 01252576407 on WhoCallsMe only to find out that this is Capquest!

Maybe Ive been conned

but two things get me straight back out of any crap

- if he has sent details of me to Crapquest Im now going to answer the phone to them and deny any knowledge of my existence,

and notwithstanding that

- anything they have must be well SBd by now.

Anyone else had this yet?

call british gas and ask them if they have representatives canvassing your area re loft insulation, if not then contact the police and let them know that some suspicious guy is cold calling claiming to be from british gas

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Just wonder if the "Surveyor" is going to be a door step collector. And you have now made an appointment for them to call? (Bit in bold..)

Taken from the Door Step letter..

"...Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.."

Why not just tell any caller to leave you do not discuss business on the doorstep?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

That letter/notice would be excellent with a "Valid even if not read by you" at the bottom :lol:

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Well well well. The day after I posted the above, the missus gets a doorstep visit from a scruffy looking female from Marlin!

I told her "Sorry, its Stat Barred and we wont be paying a penny, now bugger off"

She did, but she must have been sat outside in her car for a further 20 minutes.

Better get the official Caggers Stat Barred letter sent quick!!:wink:

Take care with the wording in this situation. Or send this.

To The Compliance Manager

Marlin

Ref: as on their letters.

Formal Notification Limitations Act 1980.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to your correspondence regarding the allged debt for £xxxxx which you claim is owed by me, please note I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any company you may claim to represent.

I formally notify you that the alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED and I wll NOT therefore make any payment or offer of payment now or in the future.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2011 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt.

I now require you to remove all data relating to me from your records with immediate effect.

No further contact by any means is permissible.

Sen RD.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for that Brig.

Actually this ones the missus and well before we married (over 7 years now). Was thinking about a CCA Request first but heres a question for you - if I do, and find any PPI on it, is it worth reclaiming it (just to be awkward) or would that in some way "undo" its Stat Barred status?

Is it best just to be grateful its now uncollectable and leave well alone?

And lets say it does have PPI. What would happen if I reclaimed it and any refund was offset against the debt by the company. Would that reset the SB clock?

Cheers

The halifax have made 4 visits without an appointment . does this mean I can claim this back ??

Claim what back?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

if its Sb'd best to leave alone, especially if there is doubt around PPI - why allow these dca's a chance to harrass you further - but in the end it is your call

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Claim back the charges from halifax for sending a representative to my door without an appointment . £85 every time ??

IMHO yes

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thank you. They are trying to evict me was ment to be friday!! What letter can I send to them to claim this back please . Point me in the right direction and I will try and find it on the site .. Thanks