Acenden/preferred mortgages and DMS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

has anyone heard of a company called DMS (Debt Services management Ltd) their letter head says they are members of the association of arrears mediation.

First thing is - is this kind of service any good and will it help.

Bit of background.

Have a friend who is in arrears to the tune of about £1,500 on their mortgage due to short term problems - they did bury their heads a bit.

They brought a letter round to me this morning from this DMS stating that they would be calling in the next few days to discuss their arrears and possible repayment plans etc. that is affordable and agreeable to the lender. the letter was dated yesterday. i said to leave it with me and i would try and find few things out.

After he got home from seeing me he had had a letter pushed through his door from the field agent of this company. (Bit quick)

The couple concerned are now both back in full time employement and able to afford to pay their mortgage and a little extra to clear the arrears - though this will take a little time.

Any advice on what they should do? I could do a repayment plan for them or is it worth using this DMA firm - or is that a no no and rip off, (as my instinct tells me it is)

Typically Acenden (and their ilk), send round their "agents" to discuss a repayment plan and do a budget sheet - and c harge you for the priveledge (usually £80 - £100) you could quite easily do this yourself and if you have not asked for their agent to call then you need to write to them telling them that you do not wish to be charged for the visit as you did not request it. In the same letter make your offer of repayment have a look at page 8 of our guide which shows a sample letter. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325527-CAG-guide-Are-you-facing-eviction-or-repossession

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks Ell-enn

Strangley enough they had a letter from Acenden arrive this morning teeling them to ring them if they wanted to cancel the visit, (at a charge), even though the visit had already happened.

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction.