Npower sending me scary letters, what do I do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1. Don't do any more phoning. Put everything in writing (letter by at least recorded - signed for or email with a 'read receipt') so you have a paper trail.

2. Npower, along with all the other energy companies are quite capable of making this sort of mess all by themselves.

3. Send them a letter/email, clearly marked 'Formal Complaint' outlining basically what you have written above, including the problems with the electricity bill.

4. Tell them you want confirmation that

- you owe nothing for gas or electricity

- they have not instructed debt collectors nor started legal action

- they have made no negative entries (including late payment markers) to your credit reference files.

Give them 14 days to reply.

It might be an idea to apply for a copy of your credit reference file anyway. British Gas, in a similar situation, promised that they'd done nothing to my file but when I checked they had put 3 late payment markers on. I'm still attempting to resolve that one.

What could I do about Npower senfing me letters all the time and today they sent one for a personal visit and I'm really scared, I'm only 21. The worst part is, I was paying by key and card, I told them I was changing to another company and I don't see how I could possibly owe money to them! Help please :(

Npower are scary but you can fight them. They are very disorganized and when it come sot court their patronizing solicitor don't even turn up. Yesterday I had a DCA who wouldn't give his name but said I would be arrested if I did not come to court (I already been to court and had the debt reduced by a judge). Try not to get too stressed (I now its difficult I've been driven to suicide by them) but if you stick with us and we all get together we can overcome. Perhaps consider making a claim against them (ok it will cost £25) but bringing them to court you will find the Judge is very sympathetic (they know all about Npower) Why they still are allowed to continue trading is beyond me. I have a meeting with my MP soon to ask them that very question. Get back to us and we can help.