daughters RLP letter 15+16yrs old - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cheeky buggers ! That letter is the most dishonest and illegimate so far from RLP. They are completely unaware of any legal qualifications and experience of those who post advice here and I point out that considering the inacuracies in their letters it would appear that their letters are not written by anyone legally qualified. It is untrue to say that we are under criminal investigation.

How they can claim that they wont start legal action untill the person reaches 18 AND then try and claim interest is beyond me and shows their lack of understanding of both civil and criminal law.

They continually mention us in their corespondence and one must ask why, because as they claim pur advice is flawed and costing people money (but they give no examples) or that people are heeding our (and CABs) advice and that their revenue stream is drying up, their increasingly desperate letters would imply to me, the latter.

I think the judgment in Oxford needs stapling to Jackie's head.

Andy

Perhaps Bankfodder might wish to speak to his opposite number on the other site I post in. The same thing happened there. Wacky Jacky & Co got very short shrift over making such a statement.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shakilla,

Having read RLP's letter, my advice is to legally-restrain both RLP and the retailer involved. I suspect that Wacky Jacky and her retailer client will both be running to the chemist to buy up their entire stock of Loperamide capsules when they are faced with the consequences of their actions. I have had a gut-feeling for a long time RLP would get its comeuppance through something like this.

I love the bit about waiting until you are 18 and then claiming interest from when the "offence" was committed. Do they honestly believe that a court would allow such a thing? perhaps their next letter could give an example of case or statute law where this has been allowed. If you cant enter into a contract you cannot be held to it, as simple as that. In legal jargon you are estopped from formingg the contract and they absolutely know it but hope that you dont get to know your rights. As for saying that talking on CAG is just for grown ups, is there a lawful reason to tell you to desist? NO.

Dont fret over their invective, do take it to a lawyer who deals with harassment or dafamation as many of them offer a no win no fee route to justice.

I must warn, that pursuing legal action against RLP should not be taken lightly. Remember it is they who are threatening court action, but as we all know, are very unlikely to go anywhere near a court again after their fiasco in Oxford.

The general consensus would be that their continual letters could possibly amount to harrassment but it is not an avenue I would recommend exploring..yet.. but perhaps they should be reminded of the outcome in British Gas v Ferguson, where demands where a debt simply did not exist did indeed amount to harrassment and BG defences that they were a company and thus the law didnt apply or that the letters were computer generated were not accepted by the Judge.

We at CAG are well aware of the dubious nature of recent letters especially ones that appear to suggest that CAG is under some sort of criminal investigation.

CAG isn't the only consumer forum RLP have tried that with.

• 10 months later...