george osbourne booed at para olympics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, where is the original post I did? :???:

It was only one line, and there was nothing offensive in it :lol:

Lol! Ignore me, this is your post CD :lol: I did one yesterday too with a youtube clip of it :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Did I imagine it or did he look shocked.......briefly

I think at first he thought it was cheers, then when he realised he had a face like a stunned mullet :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I was watching PM's questions earlier - he royally has the urine taken out of him :lol:

David CaMoron really made my blood boil though, he was asked how he was going to deal with the real high need for food banks, and how save the children are in desperation due to child poverty etc - he barely answered it, mumbling something about "this is why we have child tax credit"!

Disgusting human being that he is - seriously, they're soon to be taking child tax credit from parent with more than 3 children!

Also - when the subject of DLA came about, and how they plan on cutting DLA for the disabled, that cheeky fooker, in his own words admitted how difficult it was to fill in the DLA forms, as he said he'd done it himself for his son!

Now, I totally agree that DLA is a benefit that any disabled person is entitled to, but CaMorons attitude towards the disabled and the benefits they receive is so disgusting - I think for him to bare faced mention he himself has applied for it, makes him a hypocrite!

I once knew a lady who was crippled with M.E. and other health problems, and even though she had a blue badge as she could barely walk - she never made a claim for the DLA benefit, as her Husband was in a very good job, teaching for the blind, that they felt they didn't need the extra money. Yet when her Husband had to eventually give up work due to ill health of his own, they had a nightmare fight trying to apply for DLA.

All those years she was entitled, but felt she was being greedy because they were financially secure, so didn't, thus saving the state money that she was MORE than entitled to - then when they have no other choice, they're treated like scroungers!

I wish I could believe that it will improve but no matter who is in government it will be the same tired old cliches and soundbites.I never understood the anarchy movement my belief being that someone has to manage the country but that black flag is starting to look very attractive.In the past when an employer wanted to sack a worker he would be given a brown envelope with his notice and his final pay in,I would love to send a brown envelope to this lot......minus the pay,they've had enough already.That's it mateys you're all sacked,lovely

mateys

Is a good description... Anyone can be prime minister providing they went to the right school and rubbed sholders wit hthe right crowd :(

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Is a good description... Anyone can be prime minister providing they went to the right school and rubbed sholders wit hthe right crowd :(

This is true, and terrible really when you sit and think of the truth of this!

I wonder how things would fair if they gave the job to someone who's a regular average person, someone who's not rub shoulders with the right crowd, someone who knows what real hard work is, and what genuine hardship is?

If these politicians were to live for just one week in the lives of most of us, they would never survive.

someone who's not rub shoulders with the right crowd, that could be me BUT I couldn't organize a whatsit in a brewery let alone a country,all those dinner engagements and having to be immaculate all the time Nah I don't think a normal person could stomach the job

Does anyone here realise that not a thing will really change if Osborne (correct spelling) is no longer chancellor? If it's another Tory or a Lib Dem, things remain exactly as they are. If in two years the Coalition gets voted out, does anyone seriously imagine that the next government (presumably Labour) will simply reverse things that this one has done? No, they won't. This is the future, this is how it will be for a very long time, because the last government left the economy in such a mess that it will take at least 10 years of this to get things on an even keel, no matter who runs the country. Blame this on who you like but the fact remains that the current government is not responsible for the economic mess it inherited.

Osborne and Cameron are getting the blame right now, but essentially, they are just continuing with things that Labour started (ATOS - Child of Gordon Brown). So Labour would cut "not quite so far and not quite as fast". Well that must be a huge comfort for people waiting for the next 2 years or so in the forlorn hope that Gromit becomes Prime Minister. Don't forget that Alastair Darling promised that if he were Chancellor, things would be "worse than Thatcher".

By all means take whatever comfort and pleasure you can from Osborne getting booed, but it won't change a thing.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

someone who's not rub shoulders with the right crowd, that could be me BUT I couldn't organize a whatsit in a brewery let alone a country,all those dinner engagements and having to be immaculate all the time Nah I don't think a normal person could stomach the job

It does take high levels of sociopathy and narcissism to do the jobs with such lack of empathy, compassion or an understanding of how their decisions affect people, in the way they do it, so I'm in no doubt a regular person, who has a humane compassionate personality, could never do the jobs of MP's.

But the booing was a slight comfort :lol:

But the booing was a slight comfort :lol:

Little things ....

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Blame this on who you like but the fact remains that the current government is not responsible for the economic mess it inherited.

Nope, it was a worldwide recession so you cannot put the blame solely on the last government either, yet most countries have managed to return to growth... so you CAN blame them for the UK not being in a better situation. We needed money spending on infrastructure, then there would be jobs putting in new roads and railways, people would have been working for a wage and paying taxes and keeping shops in business rather than being on the dole and costing the country money, and also as a result of having great infrastructure we'd be increasing productivity of any of the few remaining secondary industries and inviting new manufacturing and goods producing companies to the UK.

Osborne and Cameron are getting the blame right now, but essentially, they are just continuing with things that Labour started (ATOS - Child of Gordon Brown).

Atos are an information managing company, I worked for them pre "chip n pin" sorting the slips of paper from credit card payments and scanning them into a computer that would capture the print as text to computerizes and bill the relevant card. Yes in managing health related welfare they were bad under both the previous government and the current one, however just because one government does something distasteful doesn't make it right for the next one to carry it on or escalate it.

So Labour would cut "not quite so far and not quite as fast". Well that must be a huge comfort for people waiting for the next 2 years or so in the forlorn hope that Gromit becomes Prime Minister. Don't forget that Alastair Darling promised that if he were Chancellor, things would be "worse than Thatcher".

Worse than Thatcher at what tho? I bet it won't be privatizing all our "services" and then charging more money from people for essentials like gas and electricity! Slowly but surely health care is moving that way. "Retirement homes" are becoming a business. They are now talking about council housing is getting sold off if it's above average value, but they won't commit to how many they'll rebuild.

No things won't be easy no matter who is in charge, and I personally dislike all of them, they are all self serving in a job that should be selfless.

By all means take whatever comfort and pleasure you can from Osborne getting booed, but it won't change a thing.

Fred, you seem to say on any and every issue "it's all the previous governments fault" or "it's what was inherited from the previous government"... when is it time to blame the current government for it's lack of action? Why are we not in a stronger position like Germany?

I'm not solely blaming the ConDems, "Made in Britain" used to instill the same feeling of quality as "made in Germany" does now, and all the previous governments have lead us down a road where it has no value, and you feel it's "politically incorrect, it should be made in the UK now" or "made in the EU"... we need to bring back the "skilled craftspersons" into the UK and make it possible for them to create things that will stun the rest of the world. We are such a small country and we're one of the top major powers in the world due to our inventiveness, but we're living off the old and decaying ideas of the past... we need to bring real skills back and get people trained to make and create things rather than just consume things.

Due to the weak pound and the strong Renminbi (Chinese currency) there are factories opening slowly around the UK and we need to welcome that and get a higher level of employment, buildings in place for them and roads and ports and rail links for them to move the goods around the world cheaply and effectively.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Actually Locutus, although I think the last government was to blame for a lot of things, I haven't exactly pinned the blame for everything here. "Blame this on who you like but the fact remains that the current government is not responsible for the economic mess it inherited." is what I said and it leaves everyone to make their own mind up, but the fact remains that when this government took over, the finances were in a mess. I'm also trying to make the point that whoever was in charge now and whoever is in charge in 3 years time, the situation will be much the same until the deficit is sorted out.

I do think there are a lot of things wrong. EU competition law for a kick off means that we can't automatically put contracts for British projects to British firms. This is wrong in my opinion (it happened with a train contract not longer after this government came to power and there was nothing they could do). Contracts go to, say, a Polish firm, who then employ Polish workers. It's wrong, wrong, wrong. There is a lot that could be done, I agree, but a lot of it will only be achievable when we rid ourselves of the burden of the EU.

Regards.

Fred

What you need to ask is "why was the Polish company more competitive than the UK firm when they had the additional export costs?" and the answer is that this country is not set up to be able to produce things. The business taxes are wrong for secondary industry, the infrastructure is slow and inefficient and the work ethic of the typical UK worker is to do as little as possible. This needs changing through different taxing system, work on our infrastructure and educating and rewarding people for doing a good job. Then, when we're producing goods and exporting, the "free trade" rules of the EU will work for us as they do for Germany. As things are, we're not competitive enough and we're on a slippery slope.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

What you need to ask is "why was the Polish company more competitive than the UK firm when they had the additional export costs?" and the answer is that this country is not set up to be able to produce things. The business taxes are wrong for secondary industry, the infrastructure is slow and inefficient and the work ethic of the typical UK worker is to do as little as possible. This needs changing through different taxing system, work on our infrastructure and educating and rewarding people for doing a good job. Then, when we're producing goods and exporting, the "free trade" rules of the EU will work for us as they do for Germany. As things are, we're not competitive enough and we're on a slippery slope.

I don't disagree, but I don't see Gromit changing things if the electorate are mad enough to vote him in in 2 years time do you? I also think it would help if we kicked the undemocratic EU into touch.

Their is no sane choice for the electorate. Last time we managed to vote in a hung election where no single party had power, which seemed like a good idea at the time... :p

If we're not organized enough to change the country for the better, to make us a leaner sleeker more dynamic and able to produce things to sell to the rest of the world (which I think the consensus by all 3 major parties is that we should do this), how are we gonna organize our selves out of the EU where all 3 major parties have a different view?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Nope, it was a worldwide recession so you cannot put the blame solely on the last government either,

however just because one government does something distasteful doesn't make it right for the next one to carry it on or escalate it.

I'm not solely blaming the ConDems

This ^^^^

Your whole post was excellent, but I've highlighted these points, as it seems to be assumed if you don't hitch along with the praise for Conservatives, or say one negative comment about them, you're tagged a brainless Labour loving idiot.

I don't support any, I think they all need to get their act together.

I also think you should run for Prime Minister Locutus :oops:

brainless Labour loving idiot.

In your case, I don't believe the "brainless Labour loving" bit, but the rest is spot on.

As a matter of interest, what do you think Gromit would do if he were Prime Minister now?

You really do seem to be of the opinion that if somebody doesn't subscribe to your views then they must be a Tory.

Also, do you believe that the current government inherited a healthy economy?