Link Financial outsourcing and student loans

sangchan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive been getting mail from Link Financial Outsourcing regarding an old student loan.

I was deferring the payment as I was unemployed at the time then about 6 years ago I forgot to defer the payment

and was asked to pay about 6 months worth of repayments,

I told them I was unemployed and I didnt have it but they didnt care so I broke off contact completely with them.

It looks like they have sold the debt to Link Outsourcing,

my question is this,

should I contact them and ask for the original credit agreement and use the statute of limitations defence or should I ignore it?

Im not sure if its been over 6 years since I last contacted the student loans company (but I think its been over 6 years)

If I contact them and its been under 6 years the debt becomes "live" again as I understand it. Any information would be gratefully received.

What years were the loans covering. It depends on whether they are the 'old style' or the 'new style' loans as to whether it is nearing to be Statute Barred.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

It's the 'old style' student loan then and becomes Statute Barred as long as there is a clear period of six years where no written acknowledgment of the debt, deferment or payment has been made.

You could send the student Loan company a SAR to determine the time frames to see whether it is SB now. As for link you could send them a letter denying knowledge & requiring them to prove a debt exists. If it is nearing becoming SB you may be able to drag it out until it is. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asking for a SAR is not an admittance of a debt, all it does is require them to provide whatever information they hold on you as a person which would include any a/cs you have had with them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thread moved to the Student Loans forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]