2 companies, one supply...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A strange one here folks, not sure what to do....

Moved into my house a few years ago, and Scottish Power supplied the Gas, EON supplied the electric.

In December 2011 I switched the Gas to EON, and have been paying them for Dual Fuel since then.

July 2012 I receive a letter from Scottish Power demanding ~£350 for Gas. I call them, raise a dispute and someone says they will look into it over a few weeks.

August 2012 no response from the dispute, but another letter demanding ~£500, and a few days later a letter from an SP agent who visited while I was at work, and gave me a few days to sort payment before a warrant for entry / prepayment meter was applied for.

I had to pay £100 to SP to stop this action, and set up a payment plan. SP are adamant i'm with them, EON have confirmed i'm definitely with them, so i'm now paying for Gas on 2 direct debits while both companies and their agents and Team Managers seem unable to help.

SP also tell me that my property is supplied by an IGT, so I cannot even confirm with XOServe.

Can anyone advise what to do...

For gas supplier try calling the Meter Number Helpline on 0870 608 1524. If you give them your meter number they will be able to tell you who your official supplier is.

For electricity supplier;

If your region is... ...call this number to find your supplier

Scotland North 0845 0262 554

Scotland South 0845 270 9101

North East England 0845 601 3268

North West England 0870 751 0093

Eastern England 0870 196 3082

Southern England 0845 0262 554

South West England 0845 601 2989

South East England 0845 601 5467

London 0845 601 5467

Yorkshire 0845 330 0889

Merseyside and North Wales 0845 270 9101

South Wales 01752 502 299

West Midlands 01384 343 838

East Midlands 0845 603 0618

The energy watchdog will intervene in cases like this & tell them to call off the dogs

EON were responsible for transferring your account from SP. If they have been taking your money without having transferred your account, then they are in for a well deserved kicking.

They can't get a warrant without going to a magistrate and you would get advance warning of that. If they apply and you turn up with the transfer details, bills paid to Eon & letters to SP informing them that you transferred to Eon and have been paying them ever since, then SP will get told where to go and how much to pay you.

Email SP now, remind them that you transferred to Eon and have been paying them ever since and that if SP attempt to get a warrant then you will attend and produce all of the paperwork, including this email ...

that might concentrate their minds

Folks,

Thanks for the input.

I have now been able to confirm through speaking with someone at the IGT who supplies my property that EON have supplied my property for the last 8 months, contrary to what SP are

After the service from SP (the demanding letters, people at the door demanding payment or a prepay meter is going in, forcing me to pay £100 to avoid action, refusing to put a hold on the amount until investigated) I plan to take this to OfGEM and consumer focus, as these practices are shocking. I will keep this topic updated, as it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get my money back.

Marie@SP, I will email you with my details later today, thanks.

After the service from SP (the demanding letters, people at the door demanding payment or a prepay meter is going in, forcing me to pay £100 to avoid action, refusing to put a hold on the amount until investigated) I plan to take this to OfGEM and consumer focus, as these practices are shocking.

Given that they weren't entitled to any money and couldn't successfully take the action, that could probably be more accurately described as extortion.

That £100 unexpected expenditure could drive anyone over their overdraft limit or force them to buy things on credit that they would normally pay for with cash/debit card, possibly incurring charges and interest. If that applies to you, make sure that you claim all of that too.

They also have your money for some time - and you haven't - in short they have deprived you of the use of your money. For that you should at least be charging them interest. In addition, you might have been put off making a purchase in the sales because you didn't have that money spare. When you get the money back, the sales will be over, prices will be higher. To make the same purchase when your cash has been returned would cost you more. You may need to demand more compensation if you were affected in such a way.

I think that I would be going to trading standards as well.

I also think that my emails would be to the MD of scottish power

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies guys.

I emailed the CEO of Scottish Power, and was contacted with a resolution to my complaint by a Customer Relations Manager.

As it transpires, I was correct and I am with EON, and have been for 9 months.

Scottish Power have re-estimated my final bill leaving me £20ish in credit, but have refused my request to refund the £100 I was forced to pay, which was based on misinformation. They did however offer £50 compensation.

I have refused their offer and requested my £100 forced payment to be refunded along with the £50 compensation, to which I am awaiting a response.