can I check this with Caggers please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Emailed Wonga asking them to accept a F&F in return for my default being marked as satisfied. Got this in return

Dear Lorna,

Thanks for your recent settlement offer on your outstanding loan.

Our aim is always to help you settle your loan as quickly as possible and we appreciate your willingness to work with us.

We can confirm that a reduced settlement figure of *** to be made by 10 September 2012- would be acceptable to close the account. You can make this payment by calling us on 020 7138 8331 or by repaying at My Account at Wonga.com.

Please inform us once this payment has been made so we can update your account along with updating the relevant credit bureaus showing your account as Satisfied.

We look forward to your contact and getting this matter resolved as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

To me it is done and dusted and they will mark my file as satisfied, I just want to double check with a third party before I actually put the money in their bank account today.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate this forum, its helped me immeasurably.

confirm the account WILL be marked satified/settled

and NOT

partial settlement.

if thats so , then IMHO its a go,

i'd also mention late payment markers too.

are there any?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It had a couple, then went to default :( I shall email them in the morning saying I want their assurance it is fully satisfied. Sounds ironic I suppose but now I have the money sat there to pay off my creditors I'm getting peed off few of them are acknowledging I want to give them money!!

Just a quick update... they did confirm that they would be removing the default/marking my file as satisfied (bit of an oxymoron but as long as it is marked Satisfied at this point in time its all I care about) and closing the account, plus they have contacted the CRAs and that should be updated within the next 5 days.

In fairness to Wonga after they finally got their fingers out, this was all taken care of within a day - about 2 hours after I emailed them confirmation I had two emails of payment acknowledgement (one automatic, the other saying the aforementioned).