Trouble getting fraud removed from credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i'd love any advice if anyone can help, I'm fed up now as it seems this wont ever get sorted- companies arent interested in helping and Experian wont remove it without authorisation from creditors....

In 2007 I had several credit accounts opened in my name.

I was unaware of this until 2011 when I began getting persistent calls and letters from a debt collection agency (lowell portfolio, Arrow Global).

I contacted the credit reference agencies and found about £5000 worth of debt falsly taken out in my names- my personal details were all wrong so it was very easy to spot the fraud ones a mile off- that and my own credit has always been very well kept- I have no 'genuine' debts.

On the advice of experian I contacted the agencies involved to let them know, forwarded proof of tenancy at the time credit was taken out, filled in forms that were sent and provided proof of ID.

Some companies were helpful and removed the false info but still, over a year later I am struggling with Vodafone, Lowell and Arrow Global. I've sent documents back to arrow and Vodafone as requested but I have not had any correspondence from Lowell at all and despite numerous telephone calls nothing still looks to be getting sorted.

After sending back the info to Arrow and vodafone, i have then heard nothing back again months later- but still nothing is changed on my credit file. Apparently it is with their 'investigations' team.

Is there any more I can do?

I've always had extremely good credit aside from this, I dont take on credit often- which seems to have been my downfall as they got credit in my name with no difficulty despite info being very wrong.

I am hoping to get a mortgage in the near future and also expand my business, but none of this can be a possibility with my credit file in this state- its beginning to cause difficulty in my life now, but I dont know what more to do??

Thanks

K

Hi kaypass,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

To enable me to get matters looked into could you email me with the relevant details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK