HFC Equity Loan advice please

zodiac78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying to help my sister in law with her fianances since her husband died in June. Trying to tread carefully because she is in a very vunrable state. She has an Equity Loan with HFC and her payments are £600+ a month. Now she tells me that they did go to the omnibus when her husband was first diagnosed with rapid MS in 2008 but there was no PPI on the loan. She has been paying the above amount each month out of savings even though her husband became incapable of dealing with finances late 2008. I actually got to see the credit agreement and having dealt with welcolme finance the credit agreement didn't look like it was worth the paper it was written on. She also signed this credit agreement so the loan has transferred over to her.

I have told her not to speak to them on the phone which landed on deaf ears as she did discuss with them her present situation applying for ESA (employment support ) they agreed to send an income and expenditure form and are moving her payments till later in the month. They also said they would give her till sometime in September to send this I&E form back (haven't seen that letter) so I don't know the exact date but they are still taking the full amount from her bank account.

If i had delt with this how I wanted I would have got all payments stopped until she knows what her future finances are going to be.

Now I would like advice how to deal with this would you recommend SAR that way I have a copy of everything and hopefully see if there was any PPI on the loan or not. I can see we are going to have real trouble with HFC because when we do get to the adjusted payment stage it's not going to be anywhere near what they will want her to pay. I want to make this as less painful as possible for her because of her circumstances but know to these corporations she is just a number and they have no feeling or sentiment to her predicament.