Elephant/EUI chasing a non existant debt

Yukiko
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

As I write, I'm currently apparently in debt to Elephant/EUI group for the tune of £174.

This is apparently the last months premium of my car insurance policy that they cancelled because my direct debit failed. About 6 weeks before the DD failed, I changed my bank details, but however, failed to register on their systems. The call recordings "Could not be located".

I had the policy from 13 Feb to 13 November 2011. I was paying £137.00 PCM for my insurance and then October payment into November failed. I called up and paid it by D.card.

I then received a letter saying my policy would lapse on 13 November due to this missed payment. I called up, fought my case and told them I changed the bank details 6 weeks previous. They said they'd try and locate the call recordings, unsucsessfully.

They rang me back as promised and said I had to pay the £700 or so oweing and keep the policy live, or make no further payments and my policy would lapse on the 13 November. I asked specifically on the call if there would be any further charges if I allowed the policy to lapse, they replied no. I asked if it would be OKAY for me to set up new insurance to begin from 13 November 2011, they said no.

So, Feburuary 2012, I start getting phone calls from CARS. They tell me I owe £174 to Elephant. I told them to do one and stop calling me.

They did... Now I've got another company trying to get me to pay. I've sent them an e-mail disputing and told them the story.

I wont be bullied like this into paying money I don't owe and I can't be doing with people lying.

Any advice?

Just make the formal complaint and threaten to involve the FOS. Even if they can't locate the phone call, all they have to do is ask their IT people for details of any access to the policy records and what data changes have been attempted or actually been made. It will be pretty obvious, if a mistake had been made by someone or new payment details failed to register.

Make sure they are clear that you will involve the FOS, as it will cost them a £500 case fee if you did that and they probably would want to resolve to avoid that.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The thing is, I know what I've been told and I know what questions I asked. Problem is, they've not responded to my complaint and wont acknowledge any of my e-mails...

It continues...

Right, I sent Coleman-CTTS (The "SOLICITOR" acting for CARS) an e-mail disputing the debt on 16/08 and received today a letter saying;

We refer to our letter dated 25/7 and note that neither we nor our client have heard further from you. Please not that our instructions are that in the absence of hearing from you with your proposals to settle the outstanding balance, our client may instruct us to take further action in relation to recovering the outstanding amount due, which will involve further costs and interest being added to the amount payable. To avoid our client instructing us to proceed, please contact us on 0208 296 7954 in order to discuss the matter. In these severe circumstances, we would urge you to contact us to avoid further action being taken. In the absense of receiving your response within seven days, we will report the position to our client and ovrain instructions in relation to proceeding.

At the bottom, there is a remittance notice to send along with a cheque for £174.09 + 2.50 ???

WTF?

Wait for a response to your email.

You should have also registered a formal complaint with Elephant and to take it to the FOS if necessary. They can't take any enforcement action for any debt, if it is in dispute.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Right, I've got in a right hissy with this lot over the last few weeks and have sent the following e-mail. It's a bit sarcastic, but they've been calling me 10-15 times a day recently. They're now requesting I send them my new insurance documents through, but I don't want them causing issues with my new insurer. Nor' do I want them knowing ANY of my details that I don't need to give them?

To whom it may concern;

I am writing in response to a letter recently sent to me in relation to an

alleged debt owed to EUI LTD (Trading as Elephant.co.uk).

I respectfully deny you access to copies of my new insurance paperwork as

this is confidential. The only way I am willing to send them is when it

starts snowing in the devils garden.

However, I do have an e-mail from Elephant saying that the balance has been

satisfied and will add a screenshot as an attachment for your observations.

Failure to note properly that this has been attached will result in a

further complaint being made to the FOS and OFT regarding Coleman-CTTS and Elephant.

This debt has been SATISFIED and I shall not be

making payment to you, Elephant or whatever else decides to start sending me

stupid letters through the post.

Further communication by telephone will cause me to commence proceedings for

telephone harassment; including but not limited to criminal action. Further

requests for personal documents (Which you're not entitled to ask for) will

be met with negative response.

I hope we're now on a level playing field and Clown'n'cuts finally stop

chasing a bad debt, more than likely purchased at a dodgy back street

auction.

Regards

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: