CRA cleanup post bankruptcy (inaccurate data)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey folks!

I am very new to this site (in fact this is my first post) and I apologise if this has been done to death but I am very frustrated with this. :(

I declared myself bankrupt (BR) in march 2009 and was discharged later that year. Now I know that this will "haunt me" on my credit files for six years from that date (so by that reckoning off there in 2015). Yet I seem to have a problem which is:

I signed up to "Noddle" and on there I see that I still seem to have a credit card and loan which show as "active" and still in default. So I went off and got my statutory credit files and lo and behold on them all there are so many defaults with dates ranging from after discharge and even this year!

I do not have any lending (I only have two basic bank accounts and domestic fuel supply in my name) and I know that all of these debts were included in the BR (any debt at the date is included as far as I know - declared or otherwise). I asked the official receiver to send me a list of all creditors and this has been done.

Question is what do I do about this mess? It seems to me (looking at the files) that not only was I bankrupt but I also still owe all this money as defaults lodged in years after the BR date!

As you can imagine for someone who wants to put this all behind him that this is stressful and frustrating!

Advice most welcomed.

If all these debts were included in your bankruptcy then I would say they should at the very least be shown as being settled/satisfied.

Waiting on responses from site team for you. Although I am sure others will probably look in on you.

Did you ask your bankruptcy administrator if this is correct ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

All defaults should be dated prior to your bankruptcy.

If this is not the case then you can send a letter to each creditor requesting to update the CRA files accordingly or you will report their lack of response to the ICO.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Re: Account Number xxxxxxxxxxx

I was declared bankrupt on Date of your bankruptcy and subsequently discharged on Date of Discharge, and name of creditor was included within the Bankruptcy. For your convenience I have attached both my bankruptcy Order and Discharge Notification.

Currently the information that you have recorded against my name with the Credit Reference Agencies is factually incorrect and as yet your company has failed to correct the entries as required.

• It is requested that if you intend to default the account, the default entry must be no later than Date if your bankruptcy, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

• It is requested that you mark the account in some way as to indicate that it is settled or satisfied, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

The Information Commissioner indicates that I should allow you 28 calendar days from the date you receive this letter to comply, during this time you are requested either to update the Credit Reference Files correctly (of all three Credit Reference Agencies) or notify me in writing the reasons that you refuse to.

After the 28 days have elapsed the Information Commissioner will be notified and a formal complaint will logged with them.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)