style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CEO & President - Jill McDonald

Try jill.mcdonald@uk.mcd.com

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

• 1 month later...

Hi current advice on this subject please,MET have sent a demand for money as I spent to long in Mcdonalds car park, Gatwick,I sent a reply to their demand stating that I did not see their signage and their is no indication in Mcdonalds stating you only have 1 hour to eat your meal. I spent 1 hour 20 minutes having lunch in Mcdonalds hence the demand for money along with the CCTV picture of my car at the time of entry and another CCTV picture of me departing.Have also written to CEO of Mcdonalds who do not want anything to do with it,they say they employ MET for this purpose.MET have now deliberated on my appeal and say I should have looked for the signage and should I have needed longer for lunch asked the manager for an extension of time,what a load of rubbish,have 14 days to pay the £50 then it goes to £100.

Sorry I thought I started a thread on this subject in early August can't find it

Thanks in advance FS

Gotta love speculative invoices. Ignore it and get on with your life.

As for mcdonalds ignoring it... Maybe they need a reminder that they are still liable for the actions for those under their employ.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...
Received the MET £100 pay up or else letter,do I just still ignore in view of the new legislation ?

Thanks FS

Ignore, but there is no harm in appealing it and costing them £20 odd quid. More if you do it in Welsh ;)

EDIT: Just ignore. The new legislation is not retrospective. In future, always appeal, and even if you lose, don't pay... (if it is a Private parking company, and not a council/authority/byelaw ticket etc).

• 3 weeks later...

Now received the "This is a Legal Document" adding another £25,with all the threats of CCJ,Debt Collectors etc along with 2 pictures of my car entering and a car the same colour as mine(it is mine) but the Numberplate can only partially be seen.Have ignored MET and will continue to do so and perhaps save the fact that they cannot prove it is my car leaving should this ever go to court.The fact they state This is a Legal Document is surely stretching the imagination somewhat ?

Regards FS

• 3 weeks later...

Now received the Pay Up or Debt collectors may call or they may take court action.and the amount required to pay is now £200 which includes additional administration costs.

Still sending the CCTV photos showing me entering and clear numberplate and shows my car leaving but the number plate is only partially visible,so not 100% clear it is my car

Regards FS

DBC thanks for your reply,I have no intention of paying anything,I believe the threatening solicitors letter is the next.

FS

Getting near the end now!! Not long to go.

They may sell the "debt" in a few year's time - and a few more letters.

Two rules.

1. Ignore

2. Go back to one.

• 2 months later...

Had another letter but this time from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd stating that their client is MET Parking,cannot find a link between these leaches.they have invited me to declare whether or not I was the driver or disclose the identity of the driver so they can avoid pursuing the wrong person,if I don't contact them they will continue to pursue the vehicle keeper.

If I fail to make a full payment or offer a proposal for payment,the account will be passed to their litigation team and legal recovery action MAY commence.A typical case may be referred to the County Court for an Application for a County Court Judgement.If we are successful with our application, enforcement options MAY include,AN ATTACHMENT OF EARNINGS ORDER ,COUNTY COURTS BAILIFFS BEING INSTRUCTED,YOUR ITEMS BEING SOLD AT PUBLIC AUCTION TO PAY THE JUDGEMENT

It MAY also be requested that the court award statutory interest,court costs and legal fees.

Not come across this company before, they have been around since 2009.I guess I ignore this company as well?

Anybody had any dealings with them?

Regards FS

A typical case may be referred to the county courtlink3.gif for an Application for a County Court Judgement[/Quote]

Can't remember them ever going to court, so that is a load of carp for starters!

A typical case involves writing letters and then stopping writing letters as they realise they won't get anything out of that particular victim!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Not come across this company before, they have been around since 2009.I guess I ignore this company as well?

Anybody had any dealings with them?

Regards FS

Currently batting off 11 of these right now! Once DRPL get fed up the may just stop or they may "transfer" the case on to Zenith Collections. Look closely at the Zenith letter you will see Zenith Collections is a trading name of Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, so alleged debt is really just passed along to another desk in the same office. These too will stop eventually.

Regards