comet faulty tv

khunjerry
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently purchased i JVC 42" tv from comet 06/07/12. 12 days later on 19/07/12 it packed up, took it back to the shop and they wanted nothing to do with it and infact the one member of staff (manageress) was qiute rude.Called the comet help line (10p a min) vented my anger at the man on the other end who booked an engineer to come out on the 24/07/12.I also asked to speak to a supervisor, put on hold for another 9 mins then cut off. On the 24th i waited and finally called the help desk again o get a time for the engineer only to find out that they had not booked one for that day. told that they would call me back to sort out the problem and as you can guess no call came. rebooked myself for today, called this morning to get a rough time, 17 mins and 33 secs later told anytime between 8am -6pm. feeling that i am being given the run around and comet do not care. i do not want it repaired as it is only a 12days old when it broke down,do not want a replacement as i want nothing to do with Comet anmore. any suggestions ?

Hi khun ,

Welcome to the real world of "COMET Service" an absolute disgrace !

To be treated like that by the Retail Store regarding a Product bought in good faith that fails after 12 Days is not on .

Given the fact you have returned the faulty Tv to the Retail Store and they are not interested in resolving the problem by offering an Exchange or Refund is shocking this should have been resolved immediately and to be fobbed off like this is unbelievable .

Send an email straight away to the Directors Office ,

bob.darke@comet.co.uk

State the facts and the attitude of the members of staff when you returned the faulty Tv to the Retail Store , they are at the ham here and they know it .

Hopefully if you get an Engineer visit today you will be offered an exchange or refund anything other is totally unacceptable if the Tv is faulty .

(This could and should have been confirmed instore in the first instance and the problem resolved to your satisfaction )

Regards

GorgieBoy

I recently purchased i JVC 42" tv from comet 06/07/12. 12 days later on 19/07/12 it packed up, took it back to the shop and they wanted nothing to do with it and infact the one member of staff (manageress) was qiute rude.Called the comet help line (10p a min) vented my anger at the man on the other end who booked an engineer to come out on the 24/07/12.I also asked to speak to a supervisor, put on hold for another 9 mins then cut off. On the 24th i waited and finally called the help desk again o get a time for the engineer only to find out that they had not booked one for that day. told that they would call me back to sort out the problem and as you can guess no call came. rebooked myself for today, called this morning to get a rough time, 17 mins and 33 secs later told anytime between 8am -6pm. feeling that i am being given the run around and comet do not care. i do not want it repaired as it is only a 12days old when it broke down,do not want a replacement as i want nothing to do with Comet anmore. any suggestions ?
sorry to hear of the issues your having with your tv. Companies will always look to inspect an item (legally entitled) to determine the cause of the fault. This ensures the fault isnt due to not following manufacturer guidelines or due to misuse. It doesnt suprise me with the lack of communication though with ref to visits etc. Generally under 28 days comet will confirm fault and exchnge tv,although a refund can be requested. In addition if they suggest a repair,refuse this under Sale of Goods Act 1979, as the tv clearly isnt fit for purpose or durable when sold. Also as tv is so new (under 6 months old) it is the responsibility of comet to prove it is fit for purpose-they cannot prove this in this instance

Hi sprag ,

The Tv purchased by khun was 12 Days old when it failed well within "Under 28 Days " old when he returned the product to the Retail Store as faulty .

If you worked for COMET you will know that this could and should have been dealt with by the Retail Store in the first instance as the Store could have confirmed the Tv was indeed faulty and dealt with the issue accordingly which they have NOT done , they have just passed the buck .

And Yes we all know that COMET is in a bad way , but this approach in dealing with a customer is shocking , once again another example of the money is in the till we are not interested !

And Yes New "Under 6 months old" we are not talking about here the Tv failed after 12 days and was returned to the Retail Store and the Service khun has received is appalling.

Regards

GorgieBoy

With regards to the selling store inspecting the tv,as they are not technically qualified the store are not in a position to confirm what or how the fault happened. Hence the need for a qualified engineer inspection. Legally a retailer can complete a full inspection (as in this case). On inspection if a fault is confirmed and is not as a result then a refund or exchange would and should be given. With ref to the 6 months I mentioned I was simply trying to highlight that if comet try to insist on a repair,to refuse this. In a court when an item is so new (up to 6 months) it is the retailors responsibility to prove that the said item is fit for puspose and durable when sold. Clearly in this case 12 days is not acceptable,therfore not fit for purpose or durable.

Comet Retail Stores can at their discretion authorise an exchange or refund on a product that faults as in this case Under 28days .

The simple fact is they do not want to and are under pressure from those above not to replace refund or exchange anything once sold .

With regards to the qualified Engineer Inspection where are these guys ? as the last I heard the remaining few Skilled Engineers they have left are actually doing their last shift tomorrow Friday 27 July .

The only place they have left is at Skelmsdale which is not overflowing by any means with Skilled Engineers .

This Tv in question has not even got backup from the Manufacturer I would assume as it is a JVC in name only and is a COMET own Brand as such.

I am sure the site team guys can add weight to this and would agree that in this particular case a refund or exchange should have been offered in the first instance when khun returned the faulty 12 day old Tv to the Retail Store it would not be rocket science for a staff member to confirm an actual fault with the Tv and that the Product has not been accidently damaged in some way which could have resulted in a fault also .

Regards

GorgieBoy