Doorstep collectors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I had an original loan of £100 with these ****.

I defaulted and since then they've raided me of £300 before I changed bank accounts.

They're now saying I owe them another £300 and they're sending doorstep collectors.

Even worse I no longer live in the address, it's my parents house.

What can I do?

I'm with the CCCS on a debt management plan by the way, I don't want them going to my parents though it's really not fair.

Any advice?

If you get ANYONE coming to your door twll them to leave or you will call the police. They are trying to scare you and extort money from you. Remember, theyre callled legal loan sharks for a reason.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ok, I've emailed the financial ombudsmen or however it's spelled, and the OST and also emailed minicredit informing them of my complaints and also that I no longer live at said address.

Also that they contact CCCS about repayments.

They've had £300 off me already, and are refusing to accept my repayment plan.

Do they have a leg to stand on?

If theyve already had 300 pff you, dont pay them ANYTHING else. Youve paid back the loan twice already. If not more.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

What can they legally do to me then? Nothing? Defaults? I assume they won't just drop it. If I contact CCCS tomorrow will they help do you know?

Cheers for any help, this is a great forum btw.

COrrect. They cant do anything whatsoever to you at all. Have a good read of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members

What they are doing is typical of PDL's. They threaten and bully you until you feel like you have to give them what they want, just to get rid of them.

They also wont send anyone round. Ignore the fools telling you about no repayment plan allowed, its their duty to assist in times of difficulty and refusing this is frowned upon by the OFT. I'd report them and lodge an official complaint then ignore them. You've paid more than enough and as long as you can provide that should it go to court then you're fine.

Off topic, up the villa ;)

• 1 month later...
What can they legally do to me then? Nothing? Defaults? I assume they won't just drop it. If I contact CCCS tomorrow will they help do you know?

Cheers for any help, this is a great forum btw.

I have had dealings with mini credit and so many times they threatened doorstep collectors but they never ever send one I got a loan of £300 and it has risen to £1224 because they would not listen to my offer of payments they are allowed to go so high before they sell the debt on mine has now gone to McKenzie Hall who are arranging a payment plan for me they even offered to clear the debt by reducing it to £425 but I couldn't afford it so am having to pay off the full amount. They are also very rude on the phone but I did not take any nonsense from them you have to be as arrogant with them as they are with you as they think they are dealing with thick people all the time. Anyway I would not worry they will never send one and also they have to listen to the CCCS they cannot by law ignore them good luck

I have had dealings with mini credit and so many times they threatened doorstep collectors but they never ever send one I got a loan of £300 and it has risen to £1224 because they would not listen to my offer of payments they are allowed to go so high before they sell the debt on mine has now gone to McKenzie Hall who are arranging a payment plan for me they even offered to clear the debt by reducing it to £425 but I couldn't afford it so am having to pay off the full amount. They are also very rude on the phone but I did not take any nonsense from them you have to be as arrogant with them as they are with you as they think they are dealing with thick people all the time. Anyway I would not worry they will never send one and also they have to listen to the CCCS they cannot by law ignore them good luck

Stop paying them right now. You are being conned. They know the debt is bad so they offer a discount. Repayments are made to YOUR circumstances not theres. DOnt fall for their idiotic threats that say you have to pay the full amount. Only deal with them in writing and stand firm that you are only paying the original loan amount plus original interest at a rate you can afford. Then contact their local trading standards and tell them what MH have been doing. Also complain to the OFT.

Again, do NOT pay what they say. You are being conned big time.