I need help! Marston Group baliffs are coming to to remove my goods!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm in serious need of help as I have just returned from travelling to find a string of communications from certified bailiffs Marston Group.

They say I owe an outstanding amount of £866.10 for a rail ticket fine I apparently hadn't paid dating back to 27/12/2011 on from what I can tell

(although absolutely no specifics are shown but which I have deduced because on the final 'hand delivered removal notice'

it states which magistrates court has sent the warrant: Sussex) is from the London to Brighton route which i sometimes frequent.

Firstly although my memory is patchy,

I am sure that I may fine I may have had I would have paid on the spot as I've had this before

and I've paid the £20 for not having my Young Person's travel card on me at the time whilst in possession of an YP ticket.

I have a vague memory of the said offence happening but I'm almost certain I paid the fine,

that aside the original alleged fine has spiralled from what I can imagine would have been £20 to now almost £900.

A terrifying escalation and one that I have literally no way of paying, more to the point a fine that I believe I've already paid!

I have no idea what to do ,

the balliffs arrival is seemingly imminent and me being a twenty something living with similar aged friends am now panicked

that I've put them all at risk etc even though I believe I've done nothing wrong.

I can't get in touch with Marston as the only contact number I have for them on which I can talk to someone

(the operator assisted payment line) rings three times then hangs up.

I can't get throughout to HMCTS Sussex as what I believe to be the correct number, of a few contact numbers I can see listed, is constantly busy.

I'm terrified and have no idea what to do and upon my recent return home now find myself worried about who's knocking at the door etc.

If anyone has any experience or advice or anything man I would really appreciate it as like I say I'm at my wits' end.

From the extensive research I've done these Marston Group bullies have little sympathy and even less scruples.

Many thanks in advance,

Oliver

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'll move your thread to the bailiffs forum where I expect the guys will be able to help you.

If you have a conviction for a rail fare, have you spoken to the mags' court in question? They should be able to tell you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

You say that you have just returned from travelling. Have you been away so long that you haven not seen the first letters form the Rail company advising you of a Court date

or any other mail relating to the incident between then and the letters from the bailiffs?

If there are no letters, do you have another address they could have gone to?

Your description of Marstons is being too generous to them and I would be surprised if their fees do not contain more than a few extras for the personal benefit of the bailiff.

You do need to get more details on what the original fine was for. Either by locating the correct Court and asking them or if all else fails ask the bailiffs to give you all the details

of their warrant, including the address on the warrant.

In the meantime, keep your doors and windows locked to prevent the bailiffs entering [you do not have to let them despite what they say, and you should DEFINITELY NOT let

them in under any circumstances]. And do not pay them any money until you know how much you actually owe.

In addition, if you have a car, park it some way away from your house as the bailiffs can levy and later possibly seize it instead of entering your house.

Despite the way they word their correspondence to you, they cannot just barge in and take your belongings. Initially they can only enter if you let them in or a door or window

is unlocked and they effect entry that way. Take care if you open the door to them, as they are quite capable of pushing their way in. If you have a mobile phone, record their call

and retain it what they say and do.