Whatever Happens - Timescale for fixing query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just looking for a little help.

Purchased Apple iMac in 2009.

Took out Whatever Happens as Mac cost £1300.

Took out Premium cover for £12.99 per month

but after a query a few months later I was told no point paying £12.99 as policy states they have to fix in 7 days

and told that as an Apple product it goes back to Apple if any issues so can't guarantee the 7 day rule

so was refunded and took out the £9.99 policy and this fives them 21 days.

after over 2 years of a perfect running Mac it starts to sound rather rough.

Call Know How and they arrange to collect Saturday 16th June.

The Mac is delivered back the 23rd June.

after a very happy hubby plugs it in and starts it up OMG I thought a 747 was ready to take off from the living room.

Called KnowHow back straight away and they say another collection has to be booked

once again its picked up on Sunday 24th June and delivered back to us late on Sunday 1st July.

Turned it on and seemed to be no problem.

Hubby went into hospital 2nd July and as my daughter has a imac and I use a laptop and the 2 youngest share a laptop nobody touched the hubbys Mac.

I went to use it on the Tuesday and it was turned off and no idea why so turned it back on.

Daughter asks if she can use dads computer while he was in hospital but when she went to it, it was turned off again.

Hubby comes home 4th July and its turned off again

we call KnowHow and they talk us through some tests but to no avail and another collection is booked so Sunday 8th July

off it goes again and its due back 15th July.

What I need to know is how many days is that classed as being away?

They say 21 days or 4th repair and they will replace.

is Saturday to Saturday 7 or 8 days.

May sound stupid but they say day 1 is the day they collect

I assume Saturday 16th June is day 1

does that mean Saturday 23rd June is day 8 when we get it back?

Am I making sense cause I'm confusing myself now.

Any help would be great.

Also since we took out the policy

we are told the Apple computer now doesn't go back to Apple its repaired by 'Trained experts' at KnowHow.

We were told that the reason the 1st fault wasn't fixed was because the so called 'Trained Expert' didn't connect something back together inside the computer.

i think you will find it is working days anyhow.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok

under soga time for a replacement me thinks

thats why these extra warranties are such a waste of money.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi Sirbob,

Thanks for taking the time to get in contact with us. I am sorry to read that the information that has been provided is not as clear as you would have liked.

If you would like to email me at letusknow@knowhow.com and include your full address, agreement number and any repair reference numbers I will take a look into the history and see what can be done.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

Well mac came back today - with a crack in the screen.

One very gutted husband.

Can you please advise what we can do as this will be the 4th time away since 16th June.

Hi sir

I would right a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain whats happened, how they have let you down (various issues you've had, including the latest one) and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Sebastian James, Chief Executive

Sebastian.James@dixons.co.uk

Here are some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

ok

under soga time for a replacement me thinks

thats why these extra warranties are such a waste of money.

dx

im going to do a tiny thread hijack here

im looking into what benefits these extended warrenties off - personally i think time wise they do make sense but i want to look alot more indepth

as far as ive seen on the forums the general consensus is that basicly either the SOGA or house insurance covers it all but i dont think thats nessecerally just the case

im not just making this PCworld based but all the extended warrenties

what i would love is the reasoning behind posts like this if i can get a few reasonable responces - the reasons behind them etc, il post up reasons im thinking, i would also like to ask several companies why THEY think the warrenties are worth it - something we dont hear very often

personally - and this will be expanded later in its own thread

house insurance route - no extra cost for cover - excess often near cost of product - increased premiums if claim made - still risk of refusal

SOGA - cost of independant review (refunded IF accepted, more details later) - time intensive - doesnt cover accidental damage - can take a long time

Extended warrenties - Can be expensive - covers support manufactuer + retailer + insurance wouldnt, often quibble free (lets face it we only hear the bad cases) - often less time intensive - no increased premiums

i will expand later but i want alot more time to think about this and need time to lay it out properly

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

As exampled on this site, this doesn't stack up - 'often quibble free','often less time intensive', yep we only hear of the bad cases, but we don't hear of the cases where the company in question fobs off the customer with 'your not covered etc' and the customer excepts that.

A consumer who buys cover for one product, would generally buy cover for all products, in that instance what they should do is put that money aside, if any product fail, then use that money to buy a new product to replace the failed product.

'Extended warrenties - Can be expensive - covers support manufactuer + retailer + insurance wouldnt, often quibble free (lets face it we only hear the bad cases) - often less time intensive - no increased premiums.

good point and its lead me to a new section - price comparisons of that

please keep them coming

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: