CRA and how best to clean it up.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for a bit of advice here. Am going for a mortgage in October and am i the process of trying to clean my credit file. There are a couple of defaults that i have no idea i had so i have challenged them without saying i owe the debt using a CCA letter. Now 2 others were disputed back in 2009 by myself. One with Virgin media the other with Monument. I have now again sent CCA Letters to them but i am now kinda thinking that i have also accepted the debt as i have refered back to 2009 in the letter.

Have i shot myself in the foot with this? Would it be better to let leave alone or fight? Also i have 2 defaults registered with 2 different comapnies t mobile and lowell for 1 debt can this be correct?

Any advice on the best way to clean things up will be appriciated.

nearly all mortgage lenders are looking at 3-6 years of clear Credit history now. You might be able to find one with relaxed requirements, but they are few and far between. If you have defaults or CCJ's on your file, your chances of getting a mortgage is very very low.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Getting or not getting a CCA will not help in removing a default.

One default will be the original the Lowell entry shoud on be an

update with their details the default date CANNOT BE CHANGED

if Lowell have changed the date I expect it will be the date they

aquired the debt this is challengeable.

A CCA request is a lawful request for information and does not acknowledge

the debt.

I doubt with a CRA file like that you will get a mortgage, even if the defaults

etc are removed as you will not have sufficient credit history, even the subprime

market are very wary now.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Can't see you getting very far with your credit history.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: