NRAM/Northern Rock Debt? Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out an unsecured loan for £1000 along with my mortgage in 2005 with Northern Rock. I recieved a letter from NRAM Debt Recovery department on Thursday (out of the blue) stating that i have defaulted on this loan and because i have not responded to previous letter?, it has been passed to the Debt Recovery Dept!!

However i have been paying this loan for 7 years now and according to my last statement I still am! I explained this to NRAM over the phone and even the man i was talking to on the phone said it was probably i mistake. My problem is that i have been waiting 3 days now for an answer from them with no success,i have rang them numerous times only to be fobbed off.

I have always kept up to date with my payments and have not defaulted.

I am going on holiday this week but i am stressed about this debt and feel helpless, can anyone give any advice please?

Hi mike

Welcome to CAG

Were you Mis-sold PPI on this account? Have a read of no.2 in my signature.

You could also consider sending them a SAR request, they have 40 days to respond, it costs £10, they will send you all the data they hold on the account.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

I took out an unsecured loan for £1000 along with my mortgage in 2005 with Northern Rock. I recieved a letter from NRAM Debt Recovery department on Thursday (out of the blue) stating that i have defaulted on this loan and because i have not responded to previous letter?, it has been passed to the Debt Recovery Dept!!

However i have been paying this loan for 7 years now and according to my last statement I still am! I explained this to NRAM over the phone and even the man i was talking to on the phone said it was probably i mistake. My problem is that i have been waiting 3 days now for an answer from them with no success,i have rang them numerous times only to be fobbed off.

I have always kept up to date with my payments and have not defaulted.

I am going on holiday this week but i am stressed about this debt and feel helpless, can anyone give any advice please?

Hi, Paying for 7 years on a £1K loan seems excesive to say the least. have you been paying reduced amounts and or incurring loads of charges.

I suggest you check your credit files to see what shows on there and when exactly a default was placed.

I would keep everything in writting now and keep off the phone.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes something smells here, especially as we own this bank.

Certainly needs more digging.....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

This loan has a load of charges on it, and over 7 years i still owe £600 which i am still paying for monthly. I recently did a credit check and no defaults show up. My guess is that there has been a cock up from when i took the loan and mortgage out with Northern Rock and the transfer to NRAM. I am so frustrated because i know i have NOT defaulted on a loan and NRAM will not give me a straight answer. Like i say my mortgage statement clearly says i am still paying for this loan every month and i have NOT missed a payment. Thanks for any advice.

• 3 weeks later...
Looks very much like you are nice big cash cow. Stop paying and let them whistle.

I'd be inclined to agree but for my own experience with Northern Rock/ NRAM. They seem to be completely out of control!