business rates working from home selling online

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I am currently on jsa and thinking about going self employed, My idea is to sell things on ebay. For instance phone covers and this and that see gangs of other's doing it so thought i would give it a shot.

I live in a 1 bed house alone, I plan to use my desktop in my bedroom as my base of command! So to speak, Stock will be limited to a few box's as i plan to get involved with drop ship rather than carry a lot of stock, My question for you guys is will i be liable to pay Buisness rates for my bedroom?

This will be my full time ocupation sharing my bedroom with a desk and pc to opperate from the rest of the home will not be associated with the online buissness.

HELP

As if i am liable for buissness rates its going to be a non start as it will wipe out any profits i hope to make, As i will be building this up from the ground, slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Hi Peter and welcome to CAG

All the information you need here http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?topicId=1086066759

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

What you also need to consider is if you are renting the property from council, housing association or private landlord you may require there permission to run a business from the property.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 1 month later...