Deposit paid for work that has not been done in over 3 months.

ratrace
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello forum

I hope somebody here can be of some help to me, let me begin. I paid a company i found on the internet a deposit of £101 to start work on a new website for my business including designing a company logo, letterheads, business cards. Initially communication was very good and i was happy to proceed with this company doing the work i needed. The owner told me that there card machines were not working so i couldn't pay by card, i naively offered to make a bank transfer to get the work started. Over 3 months later i haven't had any of the work we agreed on and the owner is no longer answering my calls/texts or replying to emails for about 1 month. The police were not interested as its a civil matter and so far my dealings with a guy at trading standards haven't amounted to much. He has tried phoning and sent a email which he has had no look with either and seems reluctant to do anything else?

I have sent a letter to the addresses i can find for him off the internet stating my intention to pursue the matter but have not heard anything back. Whilst doing my research after the event i have found another company that he has dissolved that was also [problem]ming people out of purchases they made on the net. Surely he can not just get away with it?

Hopefully someone could help in someway as i find a brick wall every avenue i am going down to resolve this. Thank you.

If you check on companies house or credit safe if you have access to it you can find details of the registered address and trading address of the company, also credit safe will give you the directors names, often their home address and details of the companies current financial standing as well as details of any other directorships held. looking at all of that may give you a better idea of where/how to persue this.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Hi thanks for your reply. I have been on the companies house site. I found 2 addresses and have sent a letter to each by royal mail signed for this morning. The company name they work under is not the same as the registered name on companies house. Would i use the companies house name on credit safe? If there is no answer from the letters i have sent within a reasonable amount of time, where would i go from there? according to companies house he is still trading. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...