Delinquient Account

matty7247
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, new here.

I have recently viewed my Experian, and i have a problem with nationwide. They are stating i have a defaulted account, dated 04/05/2007, although the report also states the account was settled on the 07/12/2010. This is all new to myself, and the first i knew of it was a letter from a collection agency, stating i owed the money. I spoke to the firm, and mentioned that as far as i was aware, the account was closed in 2002/2003, i cant remember the exact date. the firm said they would check, and thus far i havent heard back from them. The problem is obviously is showing up on my report.

Many thanks for reading, and i hope someone can offer advice,

Matt

I wonder if it would be worth contacting Nationwide themselves and asking about this.

Alternatively, you could send a Subject Access request - it will cost you £10.00 that way you should obtain all data they have on your financial dealings with them.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have written them a letter, Asking where the dept has come from, as i have had no contact with them, and the only way i found this out was due to opening an Experian report.

Hi all, new here.

I have recently viewed my Experian, and i have a problem with nationwide. They are stating i have a defaulted account, dated 04/05/2007, although the report also states the account was settled on the 07/12/2010. This is all new to myself, and the first i knew of it was a letter from a collection agency, stating i owed the money. I spoke to the firm, and mentioned that as far as i was aware, the account was closed in 2002/2003, i cant remember the exact date. the firm said they would check, and thus far i havent heard back from them. The problem is obviously is showing up on my report.

Many thanks for reading, and i hope someone can offer advice,

Matt

Hi Matty,

Which debt collection agency is chasing this?

Is this a bank account/overdraft?

Has there been no payment or written acknowledgment

made since 2003.

How much are they chasing.

The settled date is when the debt was aquired by the

DCA who now own the debt.

I suspect that there has been some ''clerical error'' with

the default date and if as said above no payment or acknpwledgment

has been made then the debt is Statute Barred and cannot be enforced

in courrt.

Give me the information asked for and I will

be able to wrte a draft letter for you to get

rid of them.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I closed the account in 2004, Before i went to Iraq, and havent heard from them since?? I shall find the name of the company. It is apparently an overdraft? When i spoke to the collection agency, due to the letter that i received was very informal, and i explained that my account was closed, and had been for a long time, they said they would investigate? But this was in April 12, and i havent heard anything back. The amount they are chasing is £308.99. On the Credit report, it has sporadic payments, but i havent made any payments to them, due to the fact i thought the account was closed.

Matt

Have a read of the thread linked below. In post #2 there is the company details. It would seem as though Willen are part of another group.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?295688-I-wonder-how-they-ll-respond-to-this.....

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yeah, i have seen that post, when i received the letter, i called and spoke to them, they mentioned i owed money to Nationwide, and i said that the account has been closed for several years? That was in April, i havent heard anything since? And i have found out that Nationwide have placed a default on my credit file? What i would like to do is to have that removed??