GE Money - 2 mortgages with PPI reClaims - everyone bar GE sold it me!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can you look at the mortgage which is now closed

PPI £8425 should I be asking for a refund !!!of the £8425 as well as the payments already made ?

I can't see from the final statement whether they ever paid us back !!!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't look like any rebate was given at settlement.

You will want the premium back plus the interest paid on the premium plus 8% on those payments

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Yes.

Look at it from the point of view as to when you actually parted with the money.

For a period of time you parted with money in interest payments and part of that interest relates to the PPI so you claim that part of interest back plus the 8% compo.

As this was an interest only mortgage you didn't actually part with the money for the premium itself until the loan was settled so at settlement date you enter the full premium and get the 8% on that too.

As you say, it is not clear that any rebate was given but they will let you know with any settlement offer.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Thank you so much this is a huge amount and this is only 1 of my claims.

The other one which is still running totals over 6k .

I really can't see them coughing up but I can but hope.

My concern is that both these policies only ran for 5 Year so one on my current mortgage has finished anyway and I'm still paying for it.

Who in their right mind would pay nearly 10K for a 5 yera policy ???

Yes a good wheeze for the bank.

Give the punter cover for 5 years but charge them interest on it for the lifetime of the loan.

And then they wonder why they are branded as untrustworthy (and worse)

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Well everything done to the best of my ability.

Everything is in Igroup name so do I send to them they are at same addres and part of GE.

I don't think this will be easy as there is a huge amount involved.

My concern is the credit agreement states not regulated under CCA will that make any difference. ??

Your target is GE Money as they took over IGroup.

Doesn't matter that it is unregulated and you always start a reclaim with the lender

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Yes

A lot of PPI policies on longer term loans only provided cover for a period of 5 years

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

some are as short as 18mts!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Important Notice for GE Money Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) Customers

As a part of our Customer Promise to treat customers fairly, we want to make sure that your decision to purchase your PPI policy from us was the right one. If you think this was not the case and you would like us to investigate your concerns, please check your policy details and make sure you purchased your PPI directly from GE through the following brands*: GE Money, Purple Homeloans or First National / igroup.

It doesn’t matter if your PPI policy is live, cancelled or expired or if you have made a claim on the policy, successful or otherwise. If you would like us to review your file and make sure any concerns are addressed, please contact us directly with your GE Money account number on 0844 893 0925. We’re available Monday-Friday, 9am to 5.30pm.

Please note, all complaints are assessed in the same way, so you do not need to go through a Claims Management Company (CMC) who may charge an upfront fee or take a percentage of any compensation you may receive.

Taken from GE Website so I am going to be treated Fairly That'll be good !!!!!!

so I am going to be treated Fairly That'll be good !!!!!!

:pound:

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

that'll be a first for GE!!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Well at last all papers ready do I send copies of relevant documents to Ge or wait and send if it goes to FOS Got 2 Ge Money 1 Amex and 1 Barclaycard all going off together fingers crossed.

for each claim

FOS CQ+SOC + covering letter goes to the OC.

dx

and they

Sorry DX 100.

I have completed a Questionaire Schedule and have a letter all ready to go for each claim but have letters etc and copy forms to assist my claim.

These were received From GE Money etc. after SAR.

So do I need to enclose these or wait and see if they don't play ball and I have to take it further and then send them with claim to FOS. a bit confused sorry .

you need a spreadsheet [soc] with each claim

else they'll take ou for a muppet and reject the claim

i always find it better to hit them with a spreadsheet detailing EXACTLY what you require in monetary value.

dx

and they

All of your reasons would be set out in the fos questionnaire.

All you need is the questionnaire, the spreadsheet and a covering letter of enclosure.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions