Improving credit file with catalogues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im just looking for some advice as I have a bad credit rating. In 2008 somebody on this forum said, if you buy something from any of the JD Williams catalogs and pay it off in full when the statement comes in they will keep on putting 0's on your credit rating indefinitely without having to make another purchase. Is this correct? If so I think it will be a very good easy way to improve my rating.

Thanks in advance to all you helpful people.

Hi Welcome to CAG.

You need to be very careful with catalogue accounts

if you want to build a credit profile and one account

is not going to do much to improve your chances of

getting further credit.

What show on your credit files at present?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Welcome to CAG.

You need to be very careful with catalogue accounts

if you want to build a credit profile and one account

is not going to do much to improve your chances of

getting further credit.

What show on your credit files at present?

I have a few late payments and a settled default from about 1 year 4 months, the default was settled in full last month. I have one current account and a phone contract on my credit file. I am taking out a credit card and hoping to take a catalogue out.

I understand one credit agreement wont help but if this catalogue agreement doesn't require anything to be bought on it monthly then its a free positive on my credit file every month, also coupled with my phone and credit card which will be spent on and paid of in full monthly im hoping it will improve my file.

Im on the electoral roll, if anybody else has any suggestions on what else could be done to improve my rating please tell me!

That may have been true a while ago but things have changed rapidly in the CRA field, they are all not really fit for purpose anymore (IMHO) and need to be scrapped.

Why take out credit for something just to get even more credit - does not make any sense at all!