Is a Hyundar warranty worh the paper it is printed on?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I note the announcement of new Hyundai models coming out in July, undoubtedly with a five-year warranty. But what s the value of a Hyundai warranty? In y experience virtually none. I am a Hyundai Tucson owner with a vehice covered by a five-year warranty and a turbo which Archers of Edinburgh, the Hyundai dealer, confirm must be replaced. Despite providing Hyundai with a fully stamped service history booklet, and all services having been carred out by VAT-registered and reputable garages, Hyundai sre now insisting on detailed information on all services dating back four and a half years. I work full-time for a national charity and simply do not have the time to conduct this detailed research. Hyundai have the stamped service history booklet if they wish further information. Everyone I have spoken to, even Archers, concede this is nothing more than an attempt to get out of meeting a warranty claim. So, before you buy a Hyundai ask yourself tjhis question -- Is their warranty worth the paper it is printed on? So far I would emphatically state NO and any one thinking of buying a Hyundai should seriously consider whether they will face the same problems as I am facing when and if they wish to lodge a warranty claim. I have written to the company's Prssident and CEO, spoken to their Customer Services department. Archers have also spoken to Hyundai but we are all in limbo.

Hi david

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

I Don't think they are being totally out of order, the agreement for the warranty is that they will give 5 years warranty as long as you have the car serviced to their specifications.

Having stamps in the book does not mean it has been serviced correctly just that someone has stamped the book.

They are quite within their rights to ask for proof that the correct oils and filters were used.

Yes it is cheaper to get serviced outside the network but it needs to be done to Hyundai specs and may prove to be a false economy.

This wiil appear somewhere in the service book. This is for Mitsubishi but will apply to almost all manufactureres

"Under the EU Directive on Block Exemption, having your vehicle serviced outside the Mitsubishi dealer network will not affect your basic manufacturer‘s warranty as long as the vehicle is serviced in accordance with the manufacturer‘s scheduled service requirements Please be aware that if you wish to make a warranty claim you must present the service invoices as proof of work that was carried out"

I have had the opposite with my 58 Hyundai Santa fe. January this year I had a knocking noise started on the drivers side which I recognised from some 20 years before as the anti roll bar bush worn. tock it to dealers for them to check they confirmed would need replacing under warranty. Problem is that car would be some 200 miles away for next 6 weeks. They made arrangements to order parts for local dealer to fit while I was away. No problem with the work or customer service.

Now not quite the same story with Air con keeps locking don't matter what you press you cannot change any setting in the A/C. All you get is all ok on diagnostics no problem. I keep telling them ever time you switch off ignition to put it on diagnostics the system re sets and all ok. But that's much good when doing 70 on motorway and your windscreen is misting up

dpick