style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, Im probably in the wrong forum with this question, but hope that it can be redirected by a moderator ASAP.

I work alone in a car park with on a rotation with three other people.

I have recently been given the access code to the cctv,

although I am not a supervisor, but am "regarded" as the most senior employee.....

The other morning, I arrived at work, to an empty fridge,

and i had called in the previous day and saw a four pint bottle there,

had a look at the cctv and observed the man working the night shift pouring the milk down the sink and throwing the bottle away.

He has never contributed to the supply of the milk!

So, to my question,,

,am I within my legal rights to tell my line manager what I have seen,

and is the man who threw the milk down the drain, potentially gultly of theft?

thanks for reading, and i am looking forward to your responses!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He poured most of the milk down the sink and left enough for his own tea/coffee for later.

Was hoping for more mature responses than that. but I suppose it takes all sorts

OK I think it is theft.

If a more senior person gave you access to the cctv then the onus is on them if you shouldn't of been.

I would definitely make a report to your supervisor and ask them to view the video at XX time and tell you what they see. THEN the supervisor can make a formal complaint and deal with it without you getting further invoved

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I would ask your colleague to buy a 4 pint bottle of milk and let him know he's out of order.

Personally I don't like to get people in trouble at work because of their stupidity.

If he'd done something dangerous I would report him, but Imo in this case a quite word with him should settle things down.

As said, despite being totally wrong, it's only a £1 bottle of milk.

My company is not allowed to use cctv to discipline employees, unless they're accused of doing something dangerous or illegal.

I don't know if this is company agreement with the union or law.

Others will surely know

There are wider issues that I have not mentioned in the original post. Suffice to say that he has been suspected by other staff of doing other things behind people's backs.

I am not after general advice of how to deal with people, am more after advice on whether I am entitled to view the CCTV and whether he could be accused/guilty of theft.