BT Refusing to honour promotional voucher ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have acquired a promotional voucher to enable me to free activiation and a free set top box from BT Vision, As i am already a bt customer i decided to ring BT, They say the voucher is not valid and expired back in 2007,

There is no clear expiry date on the voucher, I have made a formal complaint which is being looked into, But they keep referring to the txt on the back of the packet which i will attatch here

bt4.jpg

By jakemuk at 2012-06-07

Can i have some advice on this

Thanks

Edited by jakemuk
sp mistake

I'm afraid that you will have to give us a much better picture

From what I can see the writing states that the prices etc were correct at time of printing but may be subject to change from time to time and nothing in the publication forms a contract. How did you aquire the voucher? was it a recent purchase from BT? if the original was printed in 2007 I would have thought that it was long out of date by now, most propmotions only last for a short period of time.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

if there is no clear expiry date I assume that the part where it says vary from time to time will cover it, tbh if it was produced in 2007 then I wouldnt really expect anyone to expect it to still be valid, i hope you didnt actually buy the voucher?

It also says it isnt a contract, for there to be a contract there must be offer and acceptance, in this case you have no acceptance by BT, the promotion could be classed as an invitation to treat I expect but there is no obligation on their part to accept.

You may also find that when the offer was originally produced the information you have was to be taken in conjunction with further terms and conditions.

By all means ask BT if they will honour it and sometimes a little bit of " in that case I will go elsewhere can work wonders" but I think it will be at their discretion.

BTW is there a seperate vouicher or is it just the info on the box?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.