style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine has asked me to do them a letter to the parking services wigan council. I personaly think she got no chance of getting off but wanted to see what you all thought.

parked on double yellow lines for a few mins while helping a friend to move house, unloaded her car with a computer desk and went into the house to put item in and came out to find a parking ticket from a warden. . couldnt of been more than 2 mins in house. . .

house move was due to domestic violence and was a rush job to do within 48 hours, also was told from a neighbour that the double yellow lines can be removed (i dont understand this bit ) .....

A friend of mine has asked me to do them a letter to the parking services wigan council. I personaly think she got no chance of getting off but wanted to see what you all thought.

parked on double yellow lines for a few mins while helping a friend to move house, unloaded her car with a computer desk and went into the house to put item in and came out to find a parking ticket from a warden. . couldnt of been more than 2 mins in house. . .

house move was due to domestic violence and was a rush job to do within 48 hours, also was told from a neighbour that the double yellow lines can be removed (i dont understand this bit ) .....

Were there any loading restrictions on the road?

If no loading restrictions there is a chance that loading/unloading had taken place. Take a photo of the desk and ask the Council Ticket Office to reconsider.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

I have not a clue DW, only spoke to her briefly. this is what ive just quickly typed.

Dear sir or Madam,

Penalty Charge Notice number: 12334444

Date of issue: 02/06/2012

Warden number: 111

I am writing to formally challenge the above Penalty Charge Notice.

On the 02/06/2012 my vehicle was issued with a Penalty Charge Notice for thereason of parking on double yellow lines on a restricted Street in prescribedhours.

In accordance with the Road Traffic Act 1991, my challenge is on the basis thatthe vehicle was only observed for 2 minutes by the issuing warden as I wasassisting the house removal of my sister who was forced to move quickly due todomestic violence only giving us 48 hours to complete the task.

Furthermore we were informed that the double lines in question can be removedas not necessary in that area on Darlington Street, Tyldesley.

For this reason I look forward to receiving notification that the Penalty ChargeNotice has been cancelled within 28 days.

Yours sincerely,

I have not a clue DW, only spoke to her briefly. this is what ive just quickly typed.

Dear sir or Madam,

On the 02/06/2012 my vehicle was issued with a Penalty Charge Notice for thereason of parking on double yellow lines on a restricted Street in prescribedhours.

In accordance with the Road Traffic Act 1991, my challenge is on the basis thatthe vehicle was only observed for 2 minutes by the issuing warden as I wasassisting the house removal of my sister who was forced to move quickly due todomestic violence only giving us 48 hours to complete the task.

Furthermore we were informed that the double lines in question can be removedas not necessary in that area on Darlington Street, Tyldesley.

For this reason I look forward to receiving notification that the Penalty ChargeNotice has been cancelled within 28 days.

Yours sincerely,

I wouldn't bother with the RTA 1991 or any mention that the lines can be removed. Stick to what gives you good reason to leave your vehicle on Double Yellows.

The fact that you were unloading an item that was of a bulky nature would be good reason in itself. You dont have to be

using a van or goods vehicle, just unloading items that require you to stop as near as you can. I think Jane Packer is the case that comes to mind.

Found the pdf and uploaded.

Jane Packer.pdf

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Dear sir or Madam,

Yours sincerely,

A classic example of how NOT to write an appeal, as it includes the wrong legislation, personal opinions that have nothing to do with the PCN, a pointless deadline for cancelling the PCN and almost fails to mention the actual valid grounds for the appeal.