style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can provide advice. I won't go into too much detail but I am leaving my current job and starting a new one in June. I am on leave at present. I have found the new job whilst employed and it does reflect a promotion however I have only left due to bullying which my area manager is aware of.

My reason for the post is the area manager instructed the branch to post all communications including payslips to my home address.

After the area manager informed them of my leave date and saying he was sorry to see me go etc. someone from the branch put a mug and what looked like a payslip and dumped it at my daughter's place of work. They were told that she was away on hols but the person still left the items. My daughters' work station is not staffed in her absence apart from 2 days a week and my items were not kept secure as it is in a public area. You can imagine the gossip this visit generated and also they can't believe a company would allow this to happen.

I hadn't made arrangements for this to happen. The 'payslip' actually was my end of year document so just ideal for someone to use for identity theft purposes!

I have written and complained and asked how this could happen and I do know who was responsible but I do not know about privacy rules regarding payslips etc. except that common sense tells us that their actions isn't something that is acceptable.

Hi Dizzyhenry

If it is personal data that the company hold that has been used by and individual of that company them it could be classed as a Data Protection breach. Have a read of the following PDFs.

If this was also done in front of your new employer them i could also suggest asking your present employer to make a complaint to your old employer of their actions but its only a suggestion.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

the staff member took post being my pay slip to my daughters place of work the document was addressed to me and contained my tax paY info all private

If it is personal data that the company hold that has been used by and individual of that company them it could be classed as a Data Protection breach. Have a read of the following PDFs.

If this was also done in front of your new employer them i could also suggest asking your present employer to make a complaint to your old employer of their actions but its only a suggestion.

Hi

Right lets get started:

Had you given then any authority/permission to leave that documentation where they left it whether by telephone call etc?

Also when you eventually recieved the documentation had it been tampered with or were your details on full display for anyone to read?

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

No permission was given, they went against the arrangement with the general manager - who instructed them to post all my personal correspondence including payslips.

My information was left on a public counter at a department shop (where my daughter works) no note, and the person was informed she was not working for 10 days. All the staff were aware it was mine and had a good look at the items and told my daughter they were shocked it was pay advice as although the figures were available - staff number and my name and place of work were on there - if someone had wanted to open it they easily could have done as it wasn't secure as tbh my daughter's employers should never have had my personal stuff left there.