British credit trust demanding money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am calm don't know what gave you the impression that I wasn't lol...

I phoned the birmingham courts,

there was no money order with that case number

if there was 1 at a later date it would of been covered by northampton,

I phoned them before and they weren't very helpful as the number refered to birmingham and not them.

Neither BCT or CC could give me a number either

I would of thought BCT would of had it on record at least.

Will ring BCT tomorrow and see if they will play ball and give me what I need hopefully..

Not having any joy off of BCT they are not responding to any of my emails,

also I found this letter that I had put up here before,

so I will contact these people as it seems to me that it could be possible that either CC haven't been passing the money on

or BCT have been receiving it and not passing it on, either way somebody as got my money.

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss18/feelinglow/img005-1.jpg

It seems CAPQUEST owe BCT now didn't know that, I'm surprised they didn't have the debt themselves instead of passing it on.

Yeah I sent the letter last week 1st class recorded, how long should I give them and what should I do if they don't respond..

Received this letter this morning from LOWELL.

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss18/feelinglow/img007-1.jpg

I see they failed to note the date of the ccj,

I'm begining to wonder if there ever was 1 since none of the companys can tell me anything about it.

Makes me wonder with what wonga got caught out doing resently if BCT didn't do something similar.

Yeah I sent the letter last week 1st class recorded, how long should I give them and what should I do if they don't respond..

I'm begining to wonder if there ever was 1 since none of the companys can tell me anything about it.

Makes me wonder with what wonga got caught out doing resently if BCT didn't do something similar.

Typical Lowell template all we could we may etc., usually means the threat of a door step collector complete with mucky mac!!

My feeling would be to write to Ms Sara de Tute Director of Legal & Compliance at the Lowell Group demanding proof of the existence of any CCJ and proof that Lowell has applied to the court to change the name of the claimant.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I would give them 14 days to respond.

You could always SAR BCT which would get the statements up to the relevant date.

Have you not started any repayment to Lowell yet?

If not I would be inclined to do so.

I would write to them and remind them that there was a repayment ordered by the court of £x per week and that you will continue with that amount but this time paying Lowell.

You have calculated the broad figure which you feel is outstanding and at £5 per week it will take some time to clear the amount due so it should give you time to sort out the reconciliation between your records, those of BCT and those of Control Account.

I can't remember but have you checked Trust Online?

it seems to me that there are a number of important unresolved issues here-

1) when FL sent his initial sar to BCT in June 2012,it seems it was treated more or less as a s77 request, not a sar. Where is the comms log? this would answer many questions

2) why would BCT only preserve the Judgement for return of goods, and not a later money judgement?

3)Judging by their letters dated as late as 30/9/2013 BCT themselves believe

there has been no money judgement, and if there has been where are the associated fees/charges?

4)imo in Lowell's letter dated 24/12/2013

they refer to " this account has been subject to litigation", of course it had, a return of goods order

they have then twisted this to their own ends in their later letters refering to this litigation as a ccj, when in fact they have no such idea.

I would be demanding a comms log from BCT, and forwarding a sar to Control Account, in case it was they who instigated any court action, though I can see no reason for this

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

it seems to me that there are a number of important unresolved issues here-

1) when FL sent his initial sar to BCT in June 2012,it seems it was treated more or less as a s77 request, not a sar. Where is the comms log? this would answer many questions

2) why would BCT only preserve the Judgement for return of goods, and not a later money judgement?

3)Judging by their letters dated as late as 30/9/2013 BCT themselves believe

there has been no money judgement, and if there has been where are the associated fees/charges?

4)imo in Lowell's letter dated 24/12/2013

they refer to " this account has been subject to litigation", of course it had, a return of goods order

they have then twisted this to their own ends in their later letters refering to this litigation as a ccj, when in fact they have no such idea.

I would be demanding a comms log from BCT, and forwarding a sar to Control Account, in case it was they who instigated any court action, though I can see no reason for this

I agree, Write to BCT demand (don't ask) for all the data including comms logs asap.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi theoldrouge, glad to have you onboard..

When contacting BCT do I refer to the original SAR that I sent them, also I did ask Control Account about the court order and they knew nothing about it apparently they were just hired by BCT to collect the money, nothing to do with a court order, at least that's what he said, I can still send them an SAR though if you want me too.

Thx BRIGADIER2JCS will get on to it..

yes in writing only to BCT youve paid the tenner, you demand the comms log!!!!, and yes I would still sar Control Account get all the info you can

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

You might also want to file your formal complaint with BCT in tandem with the demands for information.

This will mean that if you do not get a response (or satisfactory response) in 8 weeks then you can get fos involved sooner rather than later.

As asked before, have you cancelled your payment to Control Account and started your repayments to Lowell?

Formal complaint as well in the same letter as the request for comms ? is there a template letter for that in the library ?

As asked before, have you cancelled your payment to Control Account and started your repayments to Lowell?

I haven't no because then I would be adding nearly another £1000 back on to what I have already paid and once I start paying them then that will be the end of it as far as lowell are concerned.

I went to trust online and there is no judgement registered so they have no judgement to enforce. so I think they are chancing their luck hoping I will fall for it. I don't mind paying as I already am, all this is down to control account and bct as they had no reason to sell the debt on as they were being paid or should I say Control account were and still are being paid.

The only thing I can do with lowell at the moment is dispute the debt and hopefully slow them down for a bit till this gets sorted. I hope lol

There isn't a template for a formal complaint but the format would be to set out what has happened, what you have asked them to do, what they have failed to do and what you require them to do about it.

Your letter should be headed "Formal Complaint".

I have to say I am starting to doubt whether a money judgement was actually obtained. Are you sure you can't remember more about what happened at that time and the offer you put in?

Whether there is a Money Judgement or not, the debt has been assigned to Lowell, the amount of which may well be in dispute ( I think you agree that there is still an amount due, it is the actual amount which is yet to be fathomed out).

Just bear in mind that if there is actually a CCJ in place then they could move to enforce if you don't pay.

If there isn't a CCJ in place then they could move to get one or alternatively opt for a Statutory Demand which is a precursor to filing for bankruptcy.

I am not saying they will....but they could.

Formal complaint as well in the same letter as the request for comms ? is there a template letter for that in the library ?

I haven't no because then I would be adding nearly another £1000 back on to what I have already paid and once I start paying them then that will be the end of it as far as lowell are concerned.

I went to trust online and there is no judgement registered so they have no judgement to enforce. so I think they are chancing their luck hoping I will fall for it. I don't mind paying as I already am, all this is down to control account and bct as they had no reason to sell the debt on as they were being paid or should I say Control account were and still are being paid.

The only thing I can do with lowell at the moment is dispute the debt and hopefully slow them down for a bit till this gets sorted. I hope lol

Formal Complaint to Ms Sara de Tute Director of Legal & Compliance at the Lowell Group.

There isn't a templatelink3.gif for a formal complaint but the format would be to set out what has happened, what you have asked them to do, what they have failed to do and what you require them to do about it.

Your letter should be headed "Formal Complaint".

ok I'll have ago thx.

I think you agree that there is still an amount due, it is the actual amount which is yet to be fathomed out

I've never disputed that there is still an amount to pay has I'm still paying it and happy to carry on till it's finished. if I had just rolled over and paid lowell in the beginning then I would have been ripped off for an extra £7000 so I will just dispute it again.

Maybe I should file for bankruptcy myself get the lot wiped off then lol.

I have to say I am starting to doubt whether a money judgement was actually obtained. Are you sure you can't remember more about what happened at that time and the offer you put in?

Wasn't that the reason for paying trust online to find out if there was ?

ok I'll have ago thx.

If you have a go and post it up here we can review it for you :-)

Wasn't that the reason for paying trust online to find out if there was ?

Yes sure, but as there are conflicting things on the thread a belt and braces approach is not a bad idea.

We are talking a formal complaint to BCT Brig :-)

Apologies ims I was looking at the mention of Lowell in post 116.

been reflecting further on this FL.

Excellent suggestion from ims to initiate a Formal Complaint to BCT, combined with your informaton demands. When writing ensure that

you refer them back to their letter of 11/6/2012 when they treated your DSAR as a s77 ( yes they couldnt even get that right:wink:) request.

Of course that is in itself interesting as a ccj would supersede the agreement yet they replied to a (in their eyes )cca request.

We really need to establish from every source available as to whether or not there is a ccj in place, because if there is not,

this opens a whole raft of possibilities.

Now to delay Lowell, I suggest you send them, as is your right a s79 (cca)request together with the £1 fee and lets see how they reply.

Will it be with the agreement, or will they reply that their ccj is now the agreement? If the latter, then for them to avoid contravening

the guidance of the fca consumer credit sourcebook then lets see a copy of the ccj they are reliant upon, which if they dont provide,

then, at that stage, a formal complaint to lowell as well, this could delay matters nicely.

Finally dont forget to sar Control Account we really need all the info we can get.

• Haha 1

Received these upto date statements from bct, these are in response to my 1st letter and not my resent letter and complaint regarding the sar I sent them. They are just repeats of the old 1's apart from the last 2, I've not bothered scanning the first lot as they are already up here but I have marked where the last 1 ended.

http://s557.photobucket.com/user/feelinglow/slideshow/BCT

Regards