capital resolve chasing old co-op card 'debt'

Guest Porkwellington
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Porkwellington

That's what I thought.....

Also - how do I get off this basic account holder status and on to something interesting ?

is it donating more money - downloading a toolbar - using my newly found experience to help other people not to panic ?

That's what I thought.....

Also - how do I get off this basic account holder status and on to something interesting ?

is it donating more money - downloading a toolbar - using my newly found experience to help other people not to panic ?

Yes pass the parcel. Have a search of threads on Equidebt to see how they chase for debts. As Coop still seem to own the debt, I suspect that they are limited as to how they can enforce it, as they would have to have agreement with Coop to use court claims or statutory demands.

In regard to CAG account status, this is not dictated by donations alone, but by replying to posts over a period of time and people clicking on the star (reputation) button on your posts.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Guest Porkwellington

Thankyou Uncle - I've had a scan of some other threads and they seem to be a right bunch of scurrilous wotsits.

see eho owns the debt on your cra file

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 months later...
Guest Porkwellington

Hi uncle... It's been a while..

Just to recap: this thread is about a 6.5k debt which was owned by the coop; chased by 2 dcas which I effectively ignored while saring the coop. The coop wrote to me a couple of months ago saying the debt had been sold to lovell; lovell have written to me a few times since.. The last letter was offering a full and final settlement of a 25% discount; unsolicited by me.

The debt does not appear on my cra file.

My first question is should I start a new thread as this is so old now?

What I would like to know is why the debt wouldn't be on my cra file? As I'm in the position to take up their offer now should I take it?

I've asked the coop about ppi;they pointed me at an onerous looking form;I was hoping for a shortcut!;I'm just about to move house and in a terrible mess so not inclined to take that on at the moment - My thought is to pay it and discharge the thing... Though I could continue ignoring it;not leave a forwarding address - they would get me in the end though I suspect.

What should I do first?

Cheers and hello again - Andy

If you have made repayments towards this debt within the last 6 years, it is not statute barred. The new DCA is known to use bankruptcy to collect debts, even if they did offer a discount previously. I suspect that this DCA has bought the debt and they can do as they wish. At some point they will register the debt in their name on your credit record.

You need to know

1) Date of last payment (find out from original creditors if you don't know this)

2) Sum of money related to PPI that you could claim back

3) Sum of money related to charges on the account

Suggest these actions.

1) CCA request to DCA

2) SAR to original creditors ( Amend the letter to ask for copies of all statements of account, plus any other documents that you want to see e.g default notice, application form)

Because the new DCA uses bankruptcy, you need to start documenting requests for information, just in case this is ever needed in court. It is important that you send the CCA as soon as possible and that you obtain the SAR details from the original creditors.

Once you receive the information back, you can start to deal with this as you need to. But this is the first step.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

as this debt goes back too 1996

its prob already been defaulted and fallen off after 6yrs from the default.

it CANNOT return to your crafile.

as they are offering a discount

you need to find out why.

prob PPI...

don't contact Lowell

and don't start paying.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

during the thread you say it does show onyour cra file

now you say it does not

what is correct please?

dx

and they

Guest Porkwellington

I assumed that it did as I had the card for a long time - according to my latest CRA check it isn't there - either under the coop or as lowell

as post 58 then

dx

and they

Guest Porkwellington

Just another thought relating to the 6 years since the last payment.... I don't know as my wife was in charge of the finances (what a joke) - I just earned the money in that relationship while she spent it and spent it and then spent it.... as a result I am £40k in debt on credit cards, including this one, and have lost the house.... don't mean to sound bitter - she has got through a considerable amount of money.

I did CRA the Coop a while ago - then as it all went quiet I ignored the sack of paper which I still have - that will tell me when the last payment was I and give me an indication on PPI guess. Regarding the CCA; the coop sent a letter to me informing that Lowell had purchased the debt so I don't know what else the CCA is going to tell me othr than being a stalling tactic?

Lowell write extremely "helpful" letters compared to the usual "shouty and threatening" stuff from capquest, capital whatever, mk et al - quite refreshing - equally ignorable!

Andy

As advised previously.

CCA to Lowells.

SAR to Coop. You need to know when the last payment was.

• 1 year later...
Guest Porkwellington

Hi,

I CCA'd Lowell to find out what their entry on my credit file was about - back in October last year.

They wrote 3 times to say that the original lender (Lowell bought the debt from the COOP)

were trying to retrieve the agreement from their archives

- the final letter to say that they would be in touch once they had received said agreement

.... that was October 28th.

The entry disappeared from my credit record a couple of months later and I thought no more about it.

Today I found the entry has reappeared with a Q for query against it

- and the "default" date has changed from mid 2010 - to Jan 2012.

I've received no written communication from them.

So 2 things strike me about this

- I thought that once the entry had been removed then it couldn't be put back

- the second being; the date change can't be legal surely?

Have you come across any similar situations and could you give me a suggestion as to what I should do about it please?

My initial reaction is to write and ask them what they're playing at - but I'm not sue on how I stand legally...

Kind regards - Andy

Hi,

I CCA'd Lowell to find out what their entry on my credit file was about - back in October last year.

They wrote 3 times to say that the original lender (Lowell bought the debt from the COOP) were trying to retrieve the agreement from their archives - the final letter to say that they would be in touch once they had received said agreement.... that was October 28th.

The entry disappeared from my credit record a couple of months later and I thought no more about it.

Today I found the entry has reappeared with a Q for query against it - and the "default" date has changed from mid 2010 - to Jan 2012.

I've received no written communication from them.

So 2 things strike me about this - I thought that once the entry had been removed then it couldn't be put back - the second being; the date change can't be legal surely?

Have you come across any similar situations and could you give me a suggestion as to what I should do about it please?

My initial reaction is to write and ask them what they're playing at - but I'm not sue on how I stand legally...

Kind regards - Andy

Hello Andy,

Under which company name is this " new " entry? If it is Lowell again get a formal complaint off to them addressed to Ms Sara de Tute, Director of Legal & Compliance at the Lowell Group.

The default date cannot be changed from the original.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

sadly the debt can re-appear as the original default is not 6yrs old.

however as pointed lowlife CANNOT change the default date

could this be an update default date?

dx

and they

Guest Porkwellington

No - the repayments never restarted on this so there shouldn't be more than one default date - unless there could be any other reason that there may be one?

Thankyou for your help Brigadier and dx - will fire off the letter today and keep you in touch....

No - the repayments never restarted on this so there shouldn't be more than one default date - unless there could be any other reason that there may be one?

Thankyou for your help Brigadier and dx - will fire off the letter today and keep you in touch....

Address the letter to Ms Sara de Tute Director of Legal and Compliance Mark it "Private & Confidential.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: