Love Digital TV (London Sky Installer)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I wasn't really sure where to post this - it relates to a digital TV company, but then branches off into a number of other areas! I shall try my luck, but feel free to move the thread if need be (and my apologies in advance, if I should have posted elsewhere!)

Back in October 2011, I contacted Sky to sign up for TV, broadband and phone. I was then passed across to a sub-company called Love Digital TV, who took care of the details and installation (my first time with Sky, so no idea if this is common practice?) While LDTV were average in most areas (as most companies of this kind are), they didn't do anything in particular during this period to annoy me - my services were (eventually) installed and activated and I have had no problems with them since. "No problem there then!" I can forgive you for thinking, but unfortunately this is where it got worse and branched off into the 'other areas' I mentioned earlier.

Basically, they began passing my details onto numerous 3rd party companies. Consequently, I have been bombarded with calls and mail at least once or twice a day (if not more), ranging from a simple "are you interested in this service", to "has anyone in your household had an accident", right up to letters arriving, attempting to get my bank details so that they can "pay me for a recent lottery win"!

My main questions are:

a) Are they allowed to do this?

b) What can I do to stop it?

I have already put myself on the Telephone Preference Service, which has reduced the calls, but hasn't stopped them. I've also demanded a company name from some of the nuisance callers, which, when given one, discovered it didn't exist after investigating online.

Just in case anyone asks "how do I know it was LDTV passing the details?" It MUST be them, due to the fact that when I first signed up, they made a mistake with my name and on the first few letters/bills, they had my first initial, followed by my first name (in place of my surname) - which is what has always been used during the nuisance calls and on the junk mail.

I am so frustrated by this and due to the fact that my partner works shifts, the daytime calls are becoming a serious problem.

Thanks so much for any advice/help anyone can give.

Contact Sky and ask them to revoke your details being passed to third party companies so they have that info as well. This will stop any future details being passed.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks - quite a few people advised this as the best course of action. Completed their complaint form online, so will await a response and let you know how I get on.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Got a response apologising and the usual stuff. Have been taken off their distribution lists (apparently). Still haven't really acknowledge or replied to my point that I received calls and mail attempting to steal my money... Not good.

On that part that is something between you and love digital for not removing you from third parties lists when setting you up.

Maybe a letter to them with what your expectations are:

lovedigitaltv.co.uk 1 Mariner Business Park, 1 Kingsway, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 4GE

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)