Cancelling Sky Subscription within first 12 months

vernak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if this has been answered via a thread already...

I am wanting to cancel my Sky subscription (TV, phone & BB) even though my 12 month contract doesn't end until the end of September. The reason being that my Broadband is extremely slow and the technical support operator who I spoke to said that there was nothing they could do because my property is so far from the exchange Whilst I was on the phone to them they ran a speed check and found my the current speed was 1.3meg which in this day and age isn't acceptable. I mentioned this to a friend who works for BT and he said it should make that much of a difference as it's only a couple of kilometers away.

The reason I have grounds for cancellation is that when I spoke to the Sky salesman I took the package through he said I could expect speeds of around 2-4meg, admittedly I should've backed away at that point but when you're using a dongle to try and arrange your wedding and it keeps dropping out you'll take any stable connection you can get, but I digress. I'm basically wanting to know if I have grounds to cancel the contract as I am not receiving the agreed level of service, ie my broadband speed isn't as advertised.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

If they told you 2 to 4 meg, I would contact them and say this package was missold. I am 100% positive that their initial check forms part of the contract.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

yes correct

when you sign up for sky over the telephone they have to adv you what your estimated line speed will be and if this is not achievable then you are within your rights to cancel the broadband service.

This however does not get you out of the tv and telephone service as each have their own terms and conditions and therefore you would be charged an early termination charge for the other services which would equate to the cost of the remaining term of the contract

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

It could be that there's some kind of fault on your line causing the speed to be slower than it should. Have you asked Sky to run some checks beyond just a speed test of your current connection? If you can get through to the Level 2 technical support (aka, the guys not in the Indian Call Centre) then they can be very good.

Also, which telephone socket have you got your modem/router plugged into? Is it the master socket or an extension in a bedroom? Have you got filters connected to all phone points in the house?